Ariel is the co-founder and CEO of InteraXon, makers of Muse: the brain sensing headband. The award-winning Muse headband senses your brain activity and sends that information to your smartphone or tablet, providing you with real-time feedback. Launched in mid-2014, tens of thousands of people are now using Muse to do more with their minds.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Ariel Garten – Innovator, entrepreneur, and creator of MUSE
- MUSE– The marquee product of InteraXon labs
- InteraXon Labs – The company behind MUSE
- The Magic of Thinking Big – A book by David Schwartz that’s highly recommended by John
- Natural History of the Senses – Ariel’s Best Business Book
- @Ariel_Garten – Ariel’s Twitter handle
3 Key Points:
- You can do absolutely anything! Don’t let anyone (including your inner voice) tell you otherwise, Fire Nation!
- Find a way to consistently put negative thoughts, energies, and musings to the side—when you do, your success will skyrocket.
- A good decision now is better than a great decision later.
- ZipRecruiter: Hiring but not sure where to find the best candidates? With ZipRecruiter you can find your perfect candidate today! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- LifeLock: Identify theft is no joke, and unfortunately, it can happen to anyone. LifeLock Ultimate Plus identity theft protection can help. Visit LifeLock.com and enter promo code EOFIRE, or call 1-800-866-8527 and mention EOFire to save 10%!
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:04] – John introduces Ariel to the show
- [01:39] – Ariel shares her background
- [01:58] – Talking specifically about MUSE
- [03:15] – How MUSE generates revenue?—it all started with consulting
- [03:40] – Now they generate revenue through the headband exclusively
- [04:52] – You don’t always need a product—you can start with service
- [05:48] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment—she was supposed to close a $5M round of funding and failed
- [08:13] – When your investors know you need cash, they smell the blood in the water and drive down your valuation
- [09:12] – The biggest lesson to learn from her worst moment?—anything is possible
- [10:00] – Learn how to put the negative thoughts and ruminations to the side
- [10:32] – The Magic of Thinking Big
- [11:26] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment —clearly defining what their product would be
- [14:11] – The Power of Action
- [15:01] – Decision Making was Ariel’s biggest entrepreneurial weakness early on
- [15:33] – A good decision NOW is better than a great decision LATER
- [15:45] – Ariel’s biggest strength?—confidence
- [16:17] – Helping thousands of people is what gets Ariel fired up!
- [17:07] — @Ariel_Garten
- [17:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur?—Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Buy low, sell high
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Meditation
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Google EVERYTHING
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Natural History of the Senses
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Understand the world around me, then figure out a way to improve the organization of this new world.
- [20:58] – You can accomplish whatever you want—that little voice inside that’s full of doubt?—it’s lying!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!