Amy Segreti believes that the key to true happiness and success is living all of ourselves in the world. Through her writing, coaching and products, she helps people honor their inner compass, craft their day from the inside out, and weave their unique selves into their daily rhythm.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Live All of You – Amy’s company
- The Miracle Morning – Simply put, a wonderful daily ritual
- Conscious Loving – Amy’s Best Business Book
- @AmySegreti – Amy’s Twitter Handle
- SkipLagged – The cheapest way to travel
- Live All of You – Amy’s website
3 Key Points:
- Live your truth, speak your truth.
- Ask yourself what you want from life before starting a business (and don’t just say “more money”).
- There’s power in being adaptable, but there’s also danger in its inherent absence of focus—if you’re adaptable, find someone or something to help you zero-in on what must be done to succeed!
- Earth Class Mail: Move your snail mail to the cloud! Visit earthclassmail.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE to get your first month of service free!
- Harry’s: The Harry’s starter set is just $15 and includes a razor, moisturizing shave cream, and 3 razor blades. Get $5 off your first order with promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:35] – John introduces Amy to the show
- [01:07] – How Live All of You came to be
- [02:04] – Knowledge and passion aren’t always enough to build a viable business
- [02:22] – How Amy generates revenue
- [03:59] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [04:29] – The failure of Twine and it’s 10-14 hour days
- [06:11] – She failed to communicate with her network about the obstacles she was encountering
- [06:46] – Live your truth, speak your truth
- [07:33] – The biggest lesson of the low?—coming into full alignment with what you want before starting a business
- [08:55] – Amy talks L-O-V-E
- [11:01] – The planning and movement process
- [11:15] – Ask yourself: “how do I want to feel at the end of the day, and what will give me the highest probability of ending the day in that way?“
- [12:21] – Plan out your day and execute
- [12:58] – Amy’s biggest weakness is an absence of focus
- [13:12] – Her strength is her adaptability
- [14:16] – What has Amy most fired up today?—sharing information with people!
- [17:46] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur?—Fear of failure and fear of success
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—The Miracle Morning and E.N.J.O.Y.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—SkipLagged
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Conscious Loving
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Start an AirBNB, start doing creative things with food, and start talking to local entrepreneurs!
- [25:07] – @AmySegreti
- [25:24] – If you’re on your entrepreneurial journey, connect with other people and ask them for help and advice.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!