From the archive: This episode was originally recorded and published in 2019. Our interviews on Entrepreneurs On Fire are meant to be evergreen, and we do our best to confirm that all offers and URL’s in these archive episodes are still relevant.
Arthur Joseph is widely recognized today as one of the world’s foremost communication strategists and authorities on the human voice. A renowned teacher and mentor, Arthur’s mission is to “Change the World Through Voice.”
Vocal Awareness – Learn more about Arthur’s movement of empowerment through voice!
3 Value Bombs
1) To fulfill your vision for yourself, you have to write out your vision.
2) Don’t let anybody deter you from what it is you feel you’re called to do.
3) You must do in order to fulfill what it is you want to achieve.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Empowerment Through Voice with Arthur Joseph
[01:02] – Share something interesting about yourself most people don’t know?
- People may see him as an extrovert, though in reality he is an introverted, private person.
- He would rather be in his room listening to classical music.
[03:03] – Arthur talks about Mastery Moment: 7 Rituals to help you claim your vocal power
- One of them is communication mastery, and in all mastery, one must integrate mind, body, and spirit.
- You can’t empower people on your own, although you can help them empower themselves.
- We are learning to empower ourselves in order to embody our supreme excellence.
- Voice is power.
- Breath is not only physical, it is also emotional.
- We are entering the area of evolution that Arthur refers to as “conscious awareness”.
[11:12] – Your Vocal Business Brand: Vocal Power is Earning Power
- What we begin with to integrate our brand into our voice is create a personal statement.
- This is where we identify how we want to be known.
[14:11] – Emphasizing certain words to make sure people are present in what are you saying.
- Sociologists say that the greatest fear in society is public speaking and that is completely bogus.
- Vocal awareness is extraordinary, where it can help you change your life
- Arthur talks about writing out his talking points and not just bullets.
- Speech is habit, and he wants to break the habit.
- To fulfill your vision for yourself, you have to write out your vision.
[19:13] – The danger of doing “presentations”… and what you should do instead
- In back of his latest book Vocal Leadership: 7 minutes to communication mastery there is a glossary
- The word presentation means to introduce formally, or to bring before the public.
- The word performance literally means to carry out, fulfill.
- We think we are making “a presentation”, when in fact every public event you are presenting at, in front of the people, communicating with them is a performance because someone is watching or listening.
- In vocal awareness, in order to own our power, you have to have a lot of confidence.
- To be audacious, we first have to believe in our own possibility.
- Set up your video camera at home and practice!
- You don’t have to memorize your presentation, but you have to embody it with conscious awareness.
[24:07] – Talk about some things you’ve learned from coaching Angelina Jolie, Sean Connery, Ernst & Young, and the NFL…
- They work harder and smarter than anyone else.
- They overcome whatever personal fears and anxiety necessary.
- They embody a concept in vocal awareness that I call surrender.
- Don’t be the cork in your own bottle.
- Don’t let anybody deter you from what it is you feel you’re called to do.
- We are all here to make a difference, and by blocking it the world will not have it.
- You must do in order to fulfill what it is you want to achieve.
[28:41] – Parting piece of guidance
- Take time to listen to this podcast over and over.
- Don’t let anybody take you off your game.
- Be here for yourself day in and day out.
- No matter what happens, don’t stop believing in your possibility.
[29:38] – Where can people find out more about you?
- Vocal Awareness: Learn more about Arthur’s movement of empowerment through voice!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!