Nathan Latka buys and sells software companies. Has a podcast called The Top Entrepreneurs, and has a book coming out called How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital.
How to be a Capitalist Without Any Capital – The four rules you must break to get rich!
FIVERR – Find The Perfect Freelance Services For Your Business
TopTal – Hire the Top 3% of Freelance Talent
UpWork -Hire freelancers. Make things happen.
1) You can build your business in two ways: by growing your income, or by decreasing your expenses.
2) Time is money.
3) Give them power or control of what you are doing – that’s the trick.
ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital with Nathan Latka
[01:06] – Share something interesting about yourself most people don’t know
- Nathan has eaten the same four meals for the past three years.
[03:14] – How did you acquire a company without spending money?
- Nathan went to the Chrome web store.
- He looked for an extension that had a hundred thousand users.
- He looked at the bottom where it tells you the last time it was updated.
- If the updated extension date is More than 2 – 3 months, then they are not that interested.
[04:49] – What do you want make sure that people get right before they follow this process?
- They have to get the script right.
[06:58] – How do you use your Instagram following to get free hotel stays?
- Nathan believes you can build your business in two ways: by growing your income, or by decreasing your expenses.
- He sent some cold emails to some hotels he wanted to stay at, and that was that!
[09:11] – What else can people do if they don’t have massive followings?
- Instead of Instagram he added Snapchat and Trip Adviser – adding those two things in can give you extra leverage.
- When you book a hotel you can ask for a media rate.
- Media rate is one third the cost of retail.
- They basically reserve media rate for CAA, UTA booking agents.
[12:21] – What’s the script you use to get bloggers to replace your competitors back link with yours?
- He saw that one of the #1 traffic drivers to Short Stack is a place called Guava Box. Tune in to hear what he did next…
[14:42] – What’s something I could do to bring in multiple new clients per week?
- Time is money, and once you get a backlink in there it stays there for sometimes a year – it works while you are doing nothing.
- Just spend a week and get five to ten of them, and the money will grow for you.
[15:36] – What steps can someone take to launch a $5k side project?
- Nathan’s new book is called How to be Capitalist Without any Capital.
- This side project is built off his podcast.
- He was interviewing software CEOs every single day for fifteen minutes.
- He gets them to share revenue numbers, equity evaluations.
[18:26] – Where are places entrepreneurs can go to find cheap help so we can stop doing tasks that are wasting our time and money?
- Nathan talks about how he found his audio editor on FIVERR.
- There are other sites he uses, too, like TopTal for developers and Upwork
[21:02] – Breakdown those copy writing tricks to get 1.2M to watch your Facebook Live videos :)
- He lets his audience control him physically.
- Those kind of psychological things – you letting your audience feel your vulnerability – you give them power or control of what you’re doing.
[27:18] – Why should Fire Nation read your book, and where can we get it?
- In the book Nathan shares a ton of screenshots of things that have helped him make money or that have gotten him leverage over the past two years.
- The breakdown of the book is there are four rules that you have to break if you want to build wealth.
- He shares 36 stories of how he has done this over the past 2 years.
- The first person that buys the book essentially has the most leverage.
[28:28] – Parting piece of guidance
- How to be a Capitalist Without Any Capital: Check out Nathan’s new book and snag your own copy today!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!