Ashley takes families from surviving to thriving by helping them uncover how “the uniqueness in each of us strengthens all of us”. She guides parents through identifying their strengths – and also their triggers – to live with intention and not simply reaction to the chaos of an ever-growing family.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Canva and Typorama – Ashley’s small business resources
- The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr – Ashley’s Top Business Book
- Mama Says Namaste –Ashley’s website
- Special offer for Fire Nation
- DISC – The Personality Profile
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days! – Enter the promo code ‘podcast’ for a special discount :)
- Free Goals Course – A free 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
3 Key Points:
- Quiet the noise and listen to your own voice.
- To be successful in business and in your own life, ask yourself, “what is your goal?”
- The uniqueness in each of us strengthens all of us.
- Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene is hosting a free training where he’s going to build an entire Facebook advertising campaign from scratch – the ad copy, the landing pages, and everything in between! Why struggle trying to figure out Facebook ads on your own when you can just copy Billy Gene? Claim your spot today at INeedThisTraining.com!
- VideoBlocks: Looking for premium stock footage or a music track for your next big project? Visit VideoBlocks.com/fire for a 2 for 1 deal: get AudioBlocks for free when you sign up for your $149 VideoBlocks subscription!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:12] – EOFire is one of the first podcasts Ashley ever listened to!
- 01:22 – For the past 13 years, Ashley has been involved in her Dad’s company – 48 Days. Dan Miller has appeared on EOFire 3 times! Episode 1199, 306 and 63
- 02:01 – As a coach for 48 Days, Ashley talked with couples and parents on how they can work together on their business and how they can handle it alongside raising a family. More people asked Ashley about it and that is how her own business, Mama Says Namaste was born
- [03:02] – Ashley’s husband recently retired and they have been traveling full-time with their 3 children
- [04:04] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: The foundation of what Ashley does is understanding the personality style of people. This is not to box people, but to help them have self-awareness
- 04:51 – Ashley received an email from Deb Ingino, CEO of Strength Leader Development with the title “Don’t Compete, Complete”
- [05:07] – Deb is Ashley’s mentor and she was talking about collaborating with others by looking at our strengths
- [05:36] – “The uniqueness in each of us strengthens all of us” is part of Ashley’s family mission
- [05:43] – Entrepreneurs can get stuck in the scarcity mentality
- [06:35] – JLD says he and Kate have many opposite characteristics, but their strengths complement each other
- [07:01] – Ashley says entrepreneurs who try to do it alone get burned out
- [07:39] – Collaboration is critical in being able to build a successful business
- 07:51 – Ashley uses DISC on her site to do an assessment
- [08:35] – JLD says he is an eagle who can soar above and see the whole picture, but can’t put the pieces together
- [09:28] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Her whole life, Ashley has been involved in 48 Days and she was so scared to get something wrong when it came to starting her own business. Ashley tried to replicate everything the way someone had done it and she kept hitting a brick wall
- [10:39] – Ashley shut everything off, listened to her subconscious, and she finally found her own voice
- [11:20] – JLD shares what ILT is – invest in yourself, learn the content, turn around and teach uniquely
- [12:28] – Greatest AH-HA Moment: When Ashley and her husband, Nathan, were still dating, she was told that she always had the last word and was always teasing. One day, Nathan asked Ashley what her goal was with all the teasing. Ashley realized that there was nothing good that could come out of her teasing and this was when she started to ask herself what her goal actually was
- [14:39] – JLD tells Fire Nation to constantly ask, “what is your goal?”—not just in business, but in everyday life
- [15:25] – The one thing that you are most excited about today: Ashley has a new podcast that JLD and Kate played a big part in. Ashley attended a workshop that Kate held where she talked about audio blogs and she realized she had a lot of content about a variety of topics, especially on the non-traditional lifestyle. This was Ashley’s incentive to do her first episode
- 17:10 – Check out Ashley’s website, Mama Says Namaste and the links to the podcast will be there
- [17:31] – Ashley’s ideal listeners are couples in their first year of marriage and parents who are just having children
- [18:44] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –“I got caught up in reacting to what I was already doing and my stuff got stuck on the back burner”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Meet people where they are and take things with a grain of salt”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Being very open with people and asking for feedback”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Canva and Typorama
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
- [21:47] – To truly connect with one another, recognize the good in our own self, be the good and see the good in others
- [22:20] – Create your own family mantra and connect yourself with the beautiful world we live in
- [22:57] – Connect with Ashley in her own podcast and subscribe, rate and review!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!