Jeff Sanders is a keynote speaker, author of the best-selling book on productivity, The 5 AM Miracle, and founder of the The Rockin’ Productivity Academy. He is also the host of the popular 5 AM Miracle Podcast. Every week you can find him writing and speaking at JeffSanders.com.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Jeff Sanders, Rocking Productivity – Jeff’s websites
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days! – Enter the promo code ‘podcast’ for a special discount!
3 Key Points:
- Learn how to communicate well as your customers are listening more than you actually think they are.
- Do a weekly review to check what you’ve achieved, as well as what you have missed; it will guide what you need to accomplish the following week.
- Prioritize your health and your business will follow suit.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Organifi: I’ve been researching plant-based supplements that will help me not just feel my best, but also perform my best, and Organifi’s protein is smooth, filling and the vanilla flavor is yummy! See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Jeff’s life largely revolves around productivity. Aside from doing productivity work, he is also focused on exercising and hacking his own life and shares this on his blog, in his book and on the podcast
- [01:49] – JLD is also now focusing on fitness and nutrition and also in mastering productivity
- [02:43] – Jeff was a guest on Episode 1136 of EOFire!
- [03:20] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Jeff is an expert on the membership components of his website and in providing more value to his audience through his products. Jeff has also found a way to enhance the productivity of his clients in a customized way
- [04:20] – Jeff provides customized personalization in his website and gets to engage his audience more
- [05:20] – Jeff says customers are watching you more than you think, so there is a need to reach people on a personal level
- [06:22] – Have the capability to communicate what you want to communicate and you get to engage with more people
- [06:43] – Jeff’s weekly review process is the most important part of his week
- [06:58] – For one and a half to two hours every Friday afternoon, Jeff does a complete review for the entire week
- [07:16] – Everything is accounted for – the bad, the good, the strengths, and the weaknesses – and the goal is to make a specific plan for the next week
- [08:07] – It is a weekly reminder of where he stands and how he is going to move forward
- [08:19] – Jeff talked about his weekly review process on Episode 194 of his podcast
- [08:41] – JLD says Jeff should also make a blog post about the weekly review process so people can always go back to it
- [09:36] – At first, Jeff thought vision boards were silly but he heard about a way to do better vision boards and he now has one in his office
- [11:46] – JLD talks about his morning routine, which involves listening to a podcast and working out
- [12:55] – Jeff just started to exercise every single day about a month and a half ago
- [13:08] – Doing daily exercise is forcing Jeff to prioritize his time better
- [13:31] – The workout IS the daily priority so the work that needs to be done immediately is the second priority, thus Jeff gets to finish the more important tasks first
- [14:01] – Doing exercise will enhance your health, your life and your business
- [14:47] – JLD says The Mastery Journal has four focused blocks of time every single day
- [15:04] – JLD says you can get more work done by doing the four focused blocks per day than you would otherwise all week
- [15:33] – Jeff says the focused block is a big part of his day and he has also talked about it in The 5AM Miracle
- [16:10] – The work done during a focused block has more quality and quantity as you are away from all distractions
- [16:47] – Jeff does not like his Apple Watch that he bought because he found out that it is pre-programmed with apps that you have to constantly check
- [18:23] – The Rockin’ Productivity Academy is specifically for entrepreneurs and high achievers. It includes a number of programs like monthly training, interviews, webinars and customized check-in’s
- [19:21] – Plan your day tomorrow by writing out what you want to do – tonight
- [19:41] – Check out Jeff’s website to snag the free gift he has for Fire Nation!
- [19:52] – The Mastery Journal also has a portion about “winning tomorrow today”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!