Blair and his team are on a mission to save the world’s crumbling roadways. He is Author of the Amazon #1 Best Seller The Book On Better Roads and has driven over 150,000 miles in less than 3 years to teach local agencies how to do just this for less money and less carbon footprint and save our Country 2.5 billion dollars per year!
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Blair shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Blair was laid off from a high position in a painting company, and jumped into the entrepreneurial world.
- [01:27] – He has a wife and two children.
- [01:44] – He’s a musician on one side, and an engineer on the other.
- [02:07] – How do you generate revenue in your business? – Eight sources of income. Helping people put down the right pavement with the right contractors — from teaching to working on the roads.
- [03:28] – We focused on one area until we achieved success.
- [04:28] -Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: No incentive to change in his industry.
- [04:54] – He was attending conferences and meeting people.
- [05:20] – There was not a high level of interest with his teaching programs.
- [05:46] – He was so excited about seeing success with his business.
- [06:03] – On the day he launched – “crickets.”
- [06:18] – Not one sale.
- [06:47] – He learned that he needed to work harder and use his own knowledge.
- [07:09] – Product Launch Formula (PLF), by Jeff Walker.
- [07:50] – Struggling with a lead generation.
- [08:07] – What was the source of traffic flowing into your funnel? – We had 3,000 people on our mailing list, and now we have 30,000.
- [08:52] – They built up anticipation for their launch.
- [09:26] – What is the thing that you would adjust if you could do it all over again? – I would have built up the email list and provided some free content.
- [10:58] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: A moment in time last year.
- [11:16] – “Watch for the asteroid.”
- [11:24] – He was meeting with a county engineer, and another county engineer called him.
- [12:30] – The engineer said that they could not accept his bid to save them money. He was receiving threats from higher-ups.
- [13:18] – There was corruption at the local level.
- [14:00] – When you face an asteroid, see if you can shift that.
- [14:30] – What do you want people to get out of your story? – “Don’t beat yourself up over the asteroids. Find the right customers and serve them like heck.”
- [15:00] –Biggest weakness? –“Weapons of mass distraction.” Not knowing how to say ‘no.’
- [16:31] – “When you say ‘yes’ to something, you’re actually saying ‘no’ to something else.”
- [16:30] – Biggest strength? – “I have no off switch.”
- [16:17] – What has Blair most fired up today? –The secret gift at the end of the podcast; his show.
- [20:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – I was born an entrepreneur, but there was a gap along the way as I worked “for the man.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Serve. Serve.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – The 5-2-1 Rule. Every day: Listen to 5 podcasts. Implement 2 techniques from the podcasts. Listen to 1 audio book.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Audiobooks and Beats headphones.
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Slight Edge, and Crush It. John suggests The Compound Effect.
- Imagine you woke up in a brand new world, and all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Open up a YouTube account, Infusionsoft account, and Facebook account. I would produce content on how to make videos and give away one hour for free, with an up sell. Survey people to see what they’d like to learn.
- Parting piece of guidance – Be intently focused on today and living in the present, so you don’t wake up tomorrow starting to regret for a lifetime all the things you didn’t do yesterday.
- 26:50 – BlairBarnhardt.com/fire for three buttons to free video resources.
3 Key Points:
- If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, pursue starting your own business.
- Don’t be discouraged by “asteroids.” When problems come up, find a creative solution.
- Keep persevering and adjusting your business model until you see results.
- Audiobooks and Beats – Blair’s favorite tools that he uses daily
- The Slight Edge, Crush It, and The Compound Effect – Book recommendations from this episode
- BlairBarnhardt.com/fire – Three buttons to free video resources
- TheFreedomJournal.com – A guide to accomplishing your goals
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
- Earth Class Mail: Move your snail mail to the cloud! Visit earthclassmail.com/fire
and enter promo code FIRE to get your first month of service free!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!