Blake is on a mission to help 1 MILLION dads write at least one well written, meaningful, lasting Legacy Letter to their children. He has 3 amazing children with his beautiful wife Amanda.
Legacy Letter Challenge – FREE Gift for Fire Nation! Sign up, join the challenge, and write your child a legacy letter!
3 Value Bombs
1) Most fathers, especially entrepreneurial fathers, spend so much time on how to connect with their customers. Sadly, you end up not connecting with the people that you love the most.
2) A Legacy Letter could be influential in any child’s life.
3) The process of writing your child a letter can make you a better person.
Thinkific: Join Thinkific’s first ever 5-day Course Challenge and walk away with a complete blueprint for your online course that you’ll be ready to put into action! Sign-up for this FREE challenge today at Thinkific.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Day My Dad Drowned in My Arms: The Letter that Keeps on Giving with Blake Brewer
[1:12] – Blake shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- His wife gave birth to three giant babies. Their eldest weighed 9.12 lbs., their second child weighed 11.3 lbs. Their third child weighed 9.12 lbs.
[3:47] – Blake talks about the mission he is on.
- He is on a mission to help a MILLION dads write a well written, meaningful, and lasting legacy letter to their children.
- Most fathers, especially entrepreneurial fathers, spend so much time on how to connect with their customers. Sadly, you end up not connecting with the people that you love the most.
[5:50] – Blake talks about the first legacy letter that his dad wrote to him.
- He was 19 years when his father passed away. Blake refers to that day as the worst day of his life.
- The supposed pinnacle vacation turned heartbreaking when he and his father got caught up in a rough area on the beach.
- Blake mourned for the next year. Then he leaned into his relationship with God, and he was able to cope.
- A significant attribute to his coping process was his dad’s letter that his mom handed to him the day after his dad drowned.
- His mom got the letter out of his dad’s suitcase; his dad was supposed to give it to him on their trip.
- The letter is about encouragement. Blake’s dad encourages him to persevere in life despite trials and to stand firm in his faith.
- That letter gave him purpose in his life – that letter is still guiding him 28 years later.
[14:50] – What is it about a Legacy Letter that makes it so impactful?
- A Legacy Letter could be influential in any child’s life because:
- A dad’s voice is the most powerful on the planet.
- A sincere letter that a father worked on for a while for his child is powerful.
- A letter is forever.
[24:04] – How are you personally helping dads write their letters?
- Blake is personally helping dads by creating a Legacy Letter Challenge:
- He provides accountability.
- He helps dads write an excellent letter and connect with their children.
- Every child needs to hear:
- I love you.
- I am proud of you.
- I believe in you.
- The process of writing your child a letter can make you a better person.
- Every child needs to hear:
[32:19] – How can any dads tuning in today join the movement and write a Legacy Letter to their children?
- Legacy Letter Challenge – FREE Gift for Fire Nation! Sign up, join the challenge, and write your child a legacy letter!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!