Bradley is one of the creators of the Great eCourse Adventure. Treating eCourses as an art from, he and his partners have developed a new kind of media experience that guides aspiring eCourse creators to develop truly remarkable, unique, and engaging courses through entertainment, gamification and adventure.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Flow – Bradley’s small business resource
- A blank journal – Bradley’s book
- The Great eCourse Adventure
3 Key Points:
- Start saying ‘thank you’ now. Practice gratitude.
- Stop listening to other people. Do what you want to do.
- Be creative. Be different. Be weird.
- Bench: Let Bench handle your bookkeeping so you don’t have to. Get 20% off your first 6 months of bookkeeping at bench.co/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:30] – Bradley makes eCourses amazing with gamification and creative design
- [02:05] – Bradley is a pro golfer who practices at dawn every morning
- [02:56] – He and his partners generate revenue by creating eCourses and adventure retreats
- [03:52] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Having a book publishing contract pulled – and losing all his viral success in a few months
- [06:10] – It can be devastating to lose everything – but you can always come back
- [06:37] – “We can’t control what happens outside of us… we can only control our reactions.”
- [07:14] – “My book not taking off actually led me down an incredible path.”
- [07:50] – Live in a mindset of gratitude and abundance
- [08:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that he himself wouldn’t pay for the eCourse he had created and as a result brainstorming with his partner to create a genuinely inspiring adventure
- [11:05] – “The whole journey of creating this thing has been nuts.”
- [11:27] – Ask yourself: “Would I buy what I’m selling?”
- [12:33] – Instead of treating your creations as a business opportunity, think of them as art forms
- [13:20] – Biggest Weakness? – I am completely tech illiterate
- [13:57] – Biggest Strength? – “I’ve always been willing to go where no one’s gone before – even if I have no idea how to get there.”
- [14:38] – What has Bradley most fired up today? “This new genre of eCourses – and all the people who are working on it. I’m excited to see what we inspire each other to create.”
- [17:09] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Pressure from my parents to go down the conventional path”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Stop listening to everyone else’s advice and do what you want to do”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I play sunrise golf, and I meditate”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Flow
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – A blank journal
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “Search out the local creative businesses and artists in the community I’m in. Use some money to buy a park permit, and invite them to a party on the beach – then, once I’ve got enough local VPs, I’d get sponsorship from a local food and drink company. Then the next day would be about following up with all these awesome new friends I’ve made”
- [22:12] – Parting piece of guidance? – “Do things different. Weird is going to win, always.”
- 22:24 – Connect with Bradley at The Great eCourse Adventure
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!