A former journalist for the UK’s leading newspapers, Warren is also an ultra marathon runner. These two worlds collided unexpectedly, leading to him forming a ground-breaking nutrition company, 33Shake, in 2012. Neither he nor his co-founding partners had any prior business experience or qualifications, which turned out to be their biggest asset.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Startup School– Warren’s small business resource
- Making Money Is Killing Your Business – Warren’s top business book
- Audible – Get a 30-day free trial of fantastic audiobooks
3 Key Points:
- Keep going. Even when things seem impossible, just keep shuffling forward.
- Don’t be scared to start doing the work you want to do.
- Start with the end in mind. You have to know where you’re going before you can get there.
- Organifi: An easy-to-use superfood powder that takes the best mother nature has to offer and fits it to your busy lifestyle. Visit Organifi.com and enter promo code FIRE to get 20% off your 30-day supply – PLUS, Organifi will ship you your own Freedom Journal as a special bonus!
- LegalZoom: Save money today by doing the right thing during National Make-a-Will Month! And don’t forget to enter EOF in the referral box at checkout to save even more!
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:21] – Warren ran a 156-mile, 6-day run across the Sahara in 2007, having never run more than 10k in his life
- [02:55] – “When I crossed the finish line I realized it wasn’t the finish, it was the start. I felt better than I’d felt in my life.”
- [03:43] – The hardest day of that ultra-marathon?
- [05:19] – “You keep shuffling, and an hour later you find yourself running again.”
- [05:58] – Warren’s company makes money by creating and selling endurance nutrition products directly to customers online
- [06:54] – “Without the products being good enough for us to have a ‘word-of-mouth spread’, we don’t have a business.”
- [07:31] – “Bradley Wiggins dropped over $1,000 with us, despite being sponsored by somebody else.”
- [08:35] – The 33Shake was their first product, with 33 superfood ingredients
- [09:21] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Starting to move into the American market – and having to do everything themselves
- [12:27] – “Once you’re committed, the only answer is to keep digging.”
- [13:00] – “Find a mentor… find someone who’s already chewed the glass and stared into the abyss, someone who can tell you what hurdles you’re going to hit.”
- [14:04] – “You do not have to have business qualifications, outside investment, or in-depth knowledge to do the thing you want to do.”
- [14:31] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA moment: The process of creating his own sports nutrition products with his partners.
- [19:54] – “If there’s something you want to do, go and do it. And don’t let being outside the industry stop you.”
- [20:12] – What has Warren most fired up today? “We’re on tour in the US right now.”
- [23:08] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Turns out it was absolutely nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Start with the end in mind”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “No work talk before breakfast is on the table; no work talk after dinner is on the table”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Startup School
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Making Money Is Killing Your Business
- [24:46] – Parting piece of guidance? – “Start with the end in mind.”
- 24:49 – Connect with Warren at 33Shake
Subscribe to EOFire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!