Brandon has also earned the moniker of “King of Crowdfunding” for his work in establishing his business Keys to the Crowd, a firm that consults with clients launching products and services on crowdfunding platforms. Brandon and his Keys to the Crowd team have worked with high profile clients like Harrington, John Lee Dumas and others to gain funding using the emerging method of crowdfunding.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- Daily value bombs are dropped in our Newsletter! Subscribe over on EOFire
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Discipline and Focus are the two keys to being productive.
- Acknowledge your team—they are the driving force for reaching your goals.
- Let the universe know your goals so it can conspire to help you make them happen.
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:02] – Brandon grew up in Northeast Iowa
- [01:13] – He grew up with business all around him
- [01:21] – He didn’t do well in college and even got kicked out of his dorm
- 01:30 – The book Think and Grow Rich changed Brandon’s life
- [01:37] – The secret is to take action
- [01:56] – Surround yourself with like-minded individuals
- [02:10] – Brandon bought his father’s company
- 02:16 – He invented the product, The Arctic Stick
- [02:22] – He found an opportunity to stand out in the area of crowdfunding
- [02:36] – Brandon spent a couple of years learning about crowdfunding
- [02:47] – He was able to crack the code and work with top entrepreneurs
- 02:51 – When he helped launched The Freedom Journal, the campaign raised $453K in 33 days
- [03:04] – After The Freedom Journal’s launch, Kevin Harrington reached out to Brandon for his own book launch
- [03:17] – JLD pitched it to Greg, who later connected with Brandon for a TV show
- [03:54] – Greg and Brandon crowdfunded and were able to raise the money they needed
- [04:45] – ”When you stick with something long enough and you never give up, you can really achieve anything you want in life”
- [05:22] – JLD talks about his meeting with Brandon regarding The Freedom Journal
- [06:12] – JLD commends Brandon for going above and beyond with their Kickstarter campaign
- 06:29 – Together, they have built 3 schools with Pencils of Promise
- [07:28] – Two things that will help you succeed are adding value and being a part of a mastermind
- 08:06 – Check out the video for The Mastery Journal, which was shot in Puerto Rico in just 4 hours!
- [09:19] – “The big thing entrepreneurs lack is discipline”
- [09:30] – “Time management is huge”
- [09:46] – Write your goals down
- 10:00 – The Mastery Journal will help you master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days
- [11:47] – FOCUS: Follow One Course Until Success
- [14:17] – What Brandon thinks of Puerto Rico
- [15:22] – Brandon loves JLD’s place
- [15:55] – JLD shifts to talking about teams
- [17:00] – JLD and Brandon’s team for The Mastery Journal: described
- [18:02] – You are the captain of your own ship
- [18:56] – You need the dream team to make your vision happen
- [19:10] – The Freedom Journal was huge, but this time, the team came back stronger for The Mastery Journal
- [20:00] – Josh Rossi from Puerto Rico helped with pictures for the campaign
- [20:34] – Ethan runs Facebook and Instagram
- [20:44] – Brandy does the design, images, illustrations and put the Kickstarter page together
- [20:54] – Cory is JLD’s web developer
- [21:03] – Richie and his team from Prouduct.com are responsible for the actual journal creation
- [21:43] – None of this would happen without Kate, JLD’s partner
- [21:57] – All VAs behind EOFire are all hard workers
- [22:18] – “It’s about the team… going from success to significance”
- [23:57] – The mindset – know what you want
- [24:40] – “Focus & Discipline are big in life”
- [24:45] – Let people know where you want to go; let people know your goals
- [25:19] – “Nothing is owed to you, you have to go out and get it“
- [25:27] – Add massive amounts of value to people
- [25:58] – You cannot beat somebody who never quits
- 26:46 – The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!