Brandon is the Co-Founder and CEO of @stash. He is passionate about fintech, electronic trading and the future of investing. He is a Big NY Rangers fan.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Brandon shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:19 – Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- [00:55] – Brandon has lived in New York for 22 years with his family and dog
- [02:15] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “Leveraging technology to solve big problems”
- [02:43] – When Brandon was starting in fintech in 1998, the biggest problems he faced were the fees and conflict of interest in trading
- [03:28] – The problem now is investing and how to start
- [03:57] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: “Pre the dot com crash of 2001”
- [05:09] – Brandon learned that you always have to think of how you can evolve as a business owner and entrepreneur
- [05:44] – The greatest lesson Brandon took away from the experience was to essentially “shut up” and listen
- [06:28] – “I’ll never know the answers more than the customers do”
- [06:57] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Stash
- [09:00] – JLD says when someone close to you says you have an AH-HA moment, you have to take action
- [09:22] – What have you learned as Stash evolved that surprised you as a founder? – “How little I know about everything”
- [10:18] – Brandon was also wrong about needing to have a lot of money to start investing
- [11:11] – JLD quotes MLK, “you don’t have to see the whole staircase to take the first step”
- [12:07] – Brandon’s plan is to take it one step at a time
- [13:05] – Every entrepreneur should be evolving with their customers
- [14:04] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of failing and risk”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Shut up and listen”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I take a little time everyday for me or with my kids without my phone”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Slack
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Lean Startup
- 16:56 – Connect with Brandon via email or on LinkedIn
- [17:12] – For those who want to try Stash, Brandon is giving you $5! Open an account and type “fire” in the promo code space
- [17:42] – “Let the data guide you in your decisions when you take the step to start your company”
- [19:09] – Jump on Brandon’s offer and start investing now
- 19:39 – How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Surprise—you don’t actually need a lot of money to start investing.
- Sometimes it pays to just shut up and listen to your customers.
- Take this journey one step at a time.
- Slack – Brandon’s small business resource
- Lean Startup – Brandon’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Stash – Brandon’s website
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
- Organifi: Organifi Green Juice is packed with 11 energy-bumping superfoods and herbs, which means you’ll get long-lasting energy throughout the day. See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!