Brian Moran is a New York Times bestselling author and thought leader, and recognized Top Global Guru. His book is in 13 different languages. He is a successful entrepreneur, consultant, speaker and coach.
Getting Started Course – Grab your walkthrough of how to put your 12-Week Year into play!
3 Value Bombs
1) Confidence comes with competence.
2) It is difficult to execute a plan if it is too broad, overwhelming, and diffused.
3) Engage with 1 or 2 people who have big goals and dreams – the same as you – and go forward together.
The Marketing Secrets Podcast: My buddy Russell Brunson – founder of ClickFunnels – is on a mission to help get entrepreneurs unstuck so they can get back to changing the world! Check out his podcast at MarketingSecrets.com!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The 12-Week Year: How to Accomplish More in 12 Weeks Than Most Do in 12 Months with Brian Moran
[1:10]– Brian shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He entered a disco dance contest in the early ’80s.
[3:19] – How can annual goals and plans be a barrier to great results?
- There are benefits to having annual goals and plans, however, the annual cycle is a long timeframe.
- Brian and his business partner adapted a concept from athletics called Periodization: it’s focused on particular skills and disciplines.
- The more you embrace the 12-Week Year in your thinking, the bigger impact it has on your actions and results.
[6:18] – Brian defines “Diffused”, and shares how you can focus in a “Diffused World”
- The world is more diffused now than ever due to technology.
- “Diffused” is when you’re trying to do something from one place physically, but you’re in a different place mentally.
- Focus on the “less is more” concept until you achieve success.
[10:10] – Brian talks about his belief that execution trumps ideas every day of the week.
- The marketplace only rewards the ideas and the knowledge that is applied.
- This applies to business and your personal life.
- It is all about the execution.
[12:37] – How can you get yourself to do what needs to be done?
- It takes sacrifice to be great.
- Confidence comes with competence.
- Do the thing that fears you most, and your fear will dissipate.
- Act on your commitments, not your feelings.
- Focus on starting, not finishing.
[20:59] – Why do most plans fail?
- Traditional plans often fail because the goal for most people is to just create a plan. Annualized planning just creates overwhelm
- Plans should be directional.
- It is difficult to execute a plan if it is too broad, overwhelming, and diffused.
[24:19] – What is the most powerful lead indicator?
- With the 12-Week Year, your overall plan translates into a weekly plan, and you can score your execution weekly.
- If you want to predict your future, look at your daily actions.
[26:25] – How can Fire Nation be great today?
- Grasp the empowering concept of The Greatness At The Moment Principle.
- All you have is right now. Take that action, and be great.
[28:25] – Brian’s parting piece of guidance.
- Do not get caught up in chasing a bunch of new ideas and looking for something you’re unfamiliar with. Start focusing on the execution to get to where you want to be.
- Getting Started Course – Get a walkthrough of how to put your 12-Week Year in the play!
[29:54] – How can you make sure that the 12-Week Year happens?
- Engage with 1 or 2 people who have big goals and dreams – the same as you – and go forward together.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!