Cat Howell is the founder of FB performance based media buying agency Eight Loop Social, Agency Academy and the co-founder of adult spray Theory of Her.
CatHowell.com – Cat’s website
Facebook Ad Hacks – One of the biggest Facebook groups for Facebook media buyers around the world!
3 Value Bombs
1) The best thing you can do for prospecting in your business is to setup pipelines based off of your strength.
2) Tap into people who have walked the path that you want to walk.
3) Some people tend to hire as a reaction instead of being proactive about it.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
TransUnion ShareAble for Hires: Enables immediate access to employment screening tools that deliver reports in minutes! Start your on-demand screening at Shareable.com/fire and use code ONFIRE50 at checkout to save 50% on your first screening!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to scale your agency to six figure months with Cat Howell
[01:11] – Cat shares something interesting about herself that most people don’t know.
- When she was young, she learned sales as a stripper.
[02:21] – Cat talks about pricing models that allow you to land trophy clients.
- The key for pricing is to understand what it takes to resource the service offer.
- Understand what service you’re competent in as an agency, and create a robust process around that.
- Price by the hour internally, and then add margins on top.
[06:07] – What is the most effective prospecting method she has developed over the years?
- She didn’t have a clear understanding about her own core competencies as an entrepreneur.
- There are four main hooks you can use for a funnel:
- Case studies or testimonials
- Value-based hooks – like webinars,
- Performance-based hooks – like a free audit
- Use hooks where you’re leveraging your authority.
- The best thing you can do for prospecting in your business is to setup pipelines based off of your strength.
[11:08] – What does an automated funnel look like?
- Produce an online portfolio of a case study, a funnel, or a landing page.
- Create an ad and drive traffic to that landing page.
- On that landing page, have a call action to invite people to work with you.
- Lead them into another landing page where you can collect information
[15:01] – The 3 pillars of Cat’s agency.
- Mapping out who you’re targeting – what their needs and wants are – is the key to any agency.
- One of the pillars is affinity – people need to like you.
- Second is authority – people need to know that you’re going to solve the problem they have.
- Third is for people to know what you actually do.
[21:45] – Let’s talk about building out production teams that deliver results…
- It’s important that your team fully understands how to deliver success, or the solution that your client is paying for.
- There are so many different ways to find talent out there, but essentially it’s about putting that description of the contract out there and then assessing people.
- Make sure that you’re assessing the people culturally, and assess them in whatever task that they’re doing.
- Create a business portal for your agency with your videos, templates, mission, pillars, and core values.
- Some people tend to hire as a reaction instead of being proactive about it.
[28:40] – How can we avoid failure and sustain success as entrepreneurs, or as agency owners?
- Any service that enables businesses to succeed, or to provide solutions to businesses, is a huge opportunity for anyone looking to be in a world of being their own boss.
- You will sometimes see people self-sabotage their business and drive it in to the ground.
- It’s one thing to be successful, but it’s an entirely different thing to keep that success.
- When you have a business, if you’re doing activities that are outside your core competencies, then you’re going to start self-sabotaging.
[32:07] – Create a quadrant, and include all of the activities that you’re currently doing inside your business.
- On the top left part, write down the things that you enjoy that you’re good at.
- On the top right part, write down the things that you don’t enjoy, but you’re good at.
- On the bottom right, write down the things that you’re bad at and shouldn’t be doing.
- On the bottom left, write down the things that you’re bad at but you love.
[36:27] – Cat’s parting piece of guidance
- Tap into people who have walked the path that you want to walk.
- CatHowell.com – Cat’s website.
- Facebook Ad Hacks – One of the biggest Facebook groups for Facebook media buyers around the world!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!