Chris is the national bestselling author of The Millennial Whisperer, which quickly became the #2 bestselling book at Barnes & Noble. His dynamic approach to attracting and motivating the next generation in the workplace has had him featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Fox TV, Cheddar News, and more.
The Millennial Whisperer – Download the 1st chapter of Chris’ book, plus get a free Millennial leadership assessment!
3 Value Bombs
1) Millennials aren’t the problem, they just expose all the problems.
2) If you make a mistake, go ahead and use that as an example of what you did wrong and how all of you are going to learn from it.
3) Life needs to be a ruthless pursuit of passion.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to lead Millennials with Chris Tuff
[1:07] – Chris shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He is an identical twin married to an identical twin, and he started in the world of digital media by having one of his videos go viral: he filmed his engagement and got 7 million views.
[3:30] – What is a Millennial?
- According to Chris, Millennials are those born between the dates of 1981 – 2006
- Chris talks about the difference between Older Millennials and Younger Millennials
[5:16] – Chris talks about the desire of Millennials for flexible work-life integration.
- “Millennials aren’t the problem, they just expose all the problems.”
- Millennials are looking for a flexible work environment from employers
- Zoom is a video teleconferencing service.
- A company that is promoting flexible work-life integration is profitable.
- Chris shares how connections and relationships are built via tools and applications that are available today.
[11:25] – What does autonomy within structure mean, and how does it apply to Millennials?
- Chris defines autonomy within structure by sharing a story about himself
- Millennials hate being micro-managed.
- There is a way to introduce tactics into the workplace where you can give a little bit of control.
- Be an expert in a micro-niche.
[15:16] – Chris talks about rewards and recognition.
- The idea of a participation trophy is the reality for Millennials.
[20:32]– Chris talks about transparency and connection.
- For connection, Chris believes in bringing more empathy into your life.
- Follow your people on social media – it creates a real connection and relationship.
- For transparency, as a leader you should be able to create a picture for your people as to why you are doing the things you do.
- Introduce your people to your corporation and your company.
[24:23] – Chris shares the 70/30 rule and talks about “the grass is always greener” complex. How does this apply to a Millennial’s environment?
- Life can get exhausting when trying to exude to the world.
- Millennials tend to compare their insides to other peoples’ outsides.
- 70/30 rule – there is no perfect world out there.
[30:00] – Chris was asked to back up his belief that purpose and passion will win.
- Chris thinks that life needs to be a ruthless pursuit of passion.
- It is no longer nice to have a purpose, you’ve got to be bigger and be a representative to make a difference in this world.
- Einstein: “Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of value.”
[34:02] – What’s one thing Chris wants to make sure Fire Nation gets from this chat today?
- It’s important that we look within ourselves and figure out the pain points; it’s all about taking action.
[36:18] – Where would you like Fire Nation to go to grab your book “The Millennial Whisperer” and to find out more about what you have going on?
- The book is available at all the airports, at bookstores; at Amazon and at Barnes and Noble.
- The Millennial Whisperer – Download the 1st chapter of Chris’ book, plus get a free Millennial leadership assessment!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!