A former corporate slave, Chala Dincoy is the CEO of The Repositioning Expert. She’s a Marketing Strategist who helps B2B service providers reposition their message to successfully sell to corporations.
Master Your Elevator Pitch and Niche with Chala – Check out Chala’s free training!
Chala’s Email – Feel free to reach out to Chala.
3 Value Bombs
1) The biggest mistake of a business is not pivoting to the new market needs and resisting packaging their wisdom to sell online.
2) The best way to stand out is to super-niche.
3) The #1 way to differentiate in the pandemic – or before or after or without a pandemic – is to super-niche.
ZipRecruiter: By connecting people who need jobs and companies that need people, ZipRecruiter is working with all of us so we can keep moving forward. Let’s work together. ZipRecruiter.com/worktogether
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Social Distance Marketing: How to Thrive in the Crazy World of Self-Isolation with Chala Dincoy
[1:34]– Chala shares something interesting about herself that most people do not know.
- She used to sell cemetery property as a teenager.
[3:16] – What are some of the biggest mistakes that are paralyzing small businesses right now?
- The biggest mistake of a business is not pivoting to the new market needs and resisting packaging their wisdom to sell online.
[6:01] – What is going to be the hardest thing for small businesses that need to go online?
- The hardest thing is standing out amongst the millions of free and cheap offers in a reduced spend pool.
[8:15] – What is the best way to stand out?
- The best way to stand out is to super-niche.
- Chala has helped several businesses to super-niche. Some examples include:
- An IT company super-niched into on-hold rescue for healthcare call centers, where they reduce the wait times.
- A generic marketing strategy company super-niched into helping food manufacturers get listed, and stay listed, in grocery stores.
- A wealth adviser super-niched into helping divorcing-women maintain their lifestyle after the divorce.
- A leadership coach super-niched into a decision-making coach for manufacturing firms.
[11:16] – JLD also shares an example of a business that super-niched to stand-out.
- A restaurant holding an online cooking show.
[15:52]- How can you tell if a business has a good niche?
- Chala can tell if a business has a good niche from hearing their elevator pitch when they introduce themselves.
- She grew her own super-niche to help small businesses fix their elevator pitches.
[18:17] – Chala shares how she helps small businesses figure out their niche.
- She worked for big companies for 20 years. Her job was to figure out the company’s positioning, target market, price point, and messaging.
- When she left the corporate world to focus on small businesses, she thought of a way to put together all her learnings from the corporations she used to work with.
- She now does research that is strategic, systematic, and fool-proof for her clients.
[20:14] – Chala shares a few more examples of businesses she has helped
- An ad agency for strategy and design pivoted to get leads online for food service manufacturers 10 times faster than sales staff.
- A translation company pivoted to become known as the fastest translators of other languages.
- A pre-employment company pivoted to have a quick track process that is 30% faster than others.
[22:04] – Chala helps JLD polish his pitch.
[25:45] – Chala’s parting piece of guidance & Call to Action for Fire Nation
- The #1 way to differentiate in the pandemic – or before or after or without a pandemic – is to super-niche.
- Master Your Elevator Pitch and Niche with Chala – Check out Chala’s free training!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!