Chase is the best-selling author of The Ellipsis Manual and the foremost persuasion and mind control expert. He lectures on interrogation, brainwashing and the science of attraction.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Dapulse – Chase’s small business resource
- Fire in the Belly – Chase’s Top Business Book
- Ellipsis Behavior – Chase’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE course for you!
3 Key Points:
- Whatever industry you are in, you’re in an “influence” business.
- Always test your products before selling to the market.
- Remember to give value, even if you’re not being paid for it.
- ConsultX – Business Success Programme: Have you ever thought about using your past business or corporate experience to help others in business by becoming a Business Consultant, Coach or Advisor? Find out more by visiting Consultx.com/fire! You can also check out their podcast, Everything Business Consulting, to help you get started!
- OK State: The Oklahoma State Master’s in Entrepreneurship program is ideal for someone who wants to increase their career mobility or start their own business! To learn more text the word moreinfo to 77453.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Chase has always been interested in people
- 01:16 – Columbo was a TV series that opened the door for Chase in this lifelong quest to understand people
- 02:00 – At 24, Chase started creating a tool, The Behavioral Table of the Elements, a people-reading tool that resembles the periodic table
- 03:06 – Chase searched for a tool to answer hard-core persuasion and influence methods but he didn’t find one so he wrote the book, The Ellipsis Manual: Analysis and Engineering of Human Behavior
- [03:45] – Chase’s company teaches behavioral science on a tactical level
- [04:07] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: “No matter what you’re doing, you’re in a business of influence.” Start listening to people differently by:
- Asking yourself what this person needs in order to feel significant
- Listen closely when people talk about their lives outside of work, and
- Our bodies are constantly in motion; if a body stops moving, either you did something great or something awful
- [06:09] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In the early 2000’s, Chase started a company that sold custom energy and brain supplements. They pushed the product out as fast as they could wrapped in gorgeous packaging. They got hundreds of orders and Chase was still figuring out the buying behaviors of their customers. Unfortunately, they had a 99% return rate for the product
- [07:16] – Every person who took the supplement started vomiting within 10 minutes
- [07:26] – Chase never even tested the product before they sold it
- [08:18] – Figure out a way to give gifts and see if you can get revenue for that
- [08:39] – Enjoy what you do
- [08:42] – TEST your products and do your research
- [09:27] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: After shutting his company down, Chase was talking to a police officer who specialized in domestic violence. Chase asked the officer how much behavior training they had for these kinds of situations. The officer said they had none so Chase gave him two tips. He realized he could actually teach tactical, behavioral science
- [10:48] – Chase started volunteering to teach local police and military
- [11:12] – Everything started off from there
- [12:28] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Starting our new field interrogation training program”
- [15:33] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Saying yes to everyone”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Advice is like mushrooms; the wrong kind can kill you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I finally developed the ability to harness the GTD ‘getting things done’ system”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Dapulse
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Fire in the Belly – “this book got me to realize that the ego has done most of the destruction in my life”
- [18:00] – Every person you meet is suffering
- [18:36] – People tend to hide the fact that they’re human and vulnerable
- 19:24 – Connect with Chase on his website
- 19:31 – Go to EllipsisBehavior.com/Fire to get the The Behavioral Table of Elements and a FREE Human Needs Map!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!