Christopher is a Sales Trainer, Consultant, and a Master Sales Coach. He is the author of The Success Playbook and founder of the Kick Ass Sales Game.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google – Christopher’s small business resource
- The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons – Christopher’s Top Business Book
- The Success Playbook – Christopher’s book
- Christopher’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Key Points:
- Understand your profit line and be intentional when you set one.
- Seek advice from those who know better than you do—it can save you from a lot of unnecessary stress and heartache.
- Asking yourselves questions will help you find deeper meaning in the things you want to achieve.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Storyblocks: Download all the stock your heart desires from Storyblocks’ Member Library, which includes 400,000 stunning photos, vectors, textures, and icons. Plus, all content is royalty-free so you can use it for commercial and personal projects! Visit Storyblocks.com/fire to try it free for 7 days!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:53] – Christopher is a dad of 4 kids and lives on the beaches of Florida
- [01:02] – He’s been an entrepreneur for 16 years and has been in sales for almost 30
- [01:37] – Christopher’s area of expertise is in revenue
- [02:16] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Most people think revenue turns into profit, but they don’t understand their profit line
- [04:01] – When Christopher first provided services in the energy sector, he had no idea how to charge for his service
- [04:35] – There were times the business wasn’t very profitable and it wasn’t where he wanted it to be
- [04:44] – He started to look at what the work was going to look like, given the amount of time it would take him, and then based his charges on that
- [05:20] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In 2009, Christopher sold his company. A good year into the business, they tried to reinvent the wheel but learned they should just do what they do best. Later that year, they missed something crucial in the contract – they were going to be responsible for paying the larger company’s debt
- [06:35] – Christopher says he sold his company and bought a job
- [07:56] – He learned the importance of seeking advice
- [10:21] – Christopher started to look at the profits he really wanted to achieve
- [10:49] – He set a goal to achieve a profit of $1M and worked his way back from that goal
- [12:13] – He put himself to work and focused every, single day
- [13:34] – Christopher helps people set what they want to achieve and reverse engineer the process in order to show the steps they need to take to reach their goals
- [14:15] – JLD started by deciding how much he’d like to profit per sale on his journals before he came up with the price
- [15:20] – People who don’t put profit margin into consideration will just break even and will eventually have to quit
- [15:52] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m really fired up about the opportunity to take what I know now and go teach others”
- [17:01] – One question Christopher loves to ask is, “Why do I want something?”
- [20:16] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing was holding me back – I just went for it”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Careful who you listen to”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “5:00 a.m. clock”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons
- 23:40 – Connect with Christopher on his website
- 23:47 – Get Christopher’s cool giveaways, including his ebook, at ChristopherCumby.com/Fire
- [24:09] – FOCUS on what you’re doing
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!