Chris Ducker is a serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker and author of the best-seller Virtual Freedom. He is also a popular business blogger and podcaster at ChrisDucker.com.
Chris’ Website – Visit and get free instant access to Youpreneur Launchpad!
Youpreneur Podcast – Chris’ podcast, published weekly to help you succeed!
Personal Branding Roadmap – Learn how to build a personal brand the right way with Chris’ free ebook download!
3 Value Bombs
1) Genuinely figure out who you are, what you do, and how you want to do it to be able to find the people you want to help.
2) When you deliver, you will be able to create a Person-to-Person relationship.
3) Remember to sincerely build relationships that can be genuinely treasured rather than used
ZipRecruiter: By connecting people who need jobs and companies that need people, ZipRecruiter is working with all of us so we can keep moving forward. Let’s work together. ZipRecruiter.com/worktogether
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
[1:22]– Chris shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- When he was 10 years old, he impersonated E.T. for his entire school.
[3:44] – Chris gives one simple way to future-proof yourself as a business owner.
- Be aware of what is happening around you and build your business based on your brand.
- A personal brand is a reputation.
[5:46] – What’s the first step to building a personal brand?
- Genuinely figure out who you are, what you do, and how you want to do it to be able to find the people you want to help.
- Define your perfect customer.
[9:44] – Who is Chris?
- He defines himself as the go-to leader in the industry and builds future-proof businesses.
[11:01] – Why do you need to become somebody’s favorite?
- You need to become somebody’s favorite because of the P2P relationship (People to People).
- When you deliver, you will be able to create a P2P relationship. Then you become somebody’s favorite, and it is good for your business.
- It is not being a hero, it is being the guide.
[21:15] – 5 Ways to monetize your expertise:
- Coaching or consulting – the easiest way to monetize. People pay you for your expertise.
- Affiliate marketing – you give somebody a link to a product/service that you endorse, and you get a commission whenever somebody purchases using that link.
- Digital products – anything that is created from a digital perspective. It is scalable and highly profitable when executed correctly.
- Memberships – recurring, reliable, and predictive income.
- Live events – the ability to bring your people together for the better good is rewarding.
[29:59] – Chris’ takeaway on ways to monetize your expertise.
- Take your time.
- Put in the work and listen to your people
- Your audience will tell what they need from you
[32:43] – 2 Simple ways to take it all to another level:
- Write a book –publishing a book is one of the easiest ways to position yourself as an expert.
- Hold a large event – putting your people together is a major gameplay. It positions you not just an expert, but as a guide.
[34:17] – Chris’ parting piece of guidance.
- Remember to sincerely build relationships that can be genuinely treasured rather than used
- Chris’ Website – Visit and get instant FREE access to Youpreneur Launchpad!
- Youpreneur Podcast – Chris’ podcast, published weekly to help you succeed!
- Personal Branding Roadmap – Learn how to build a personal brand the right way with Chris’ free ebook download
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!