Clay Clark is the former U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year, founder of 6 multi-million dollar companies, Forbes Contributor, author of 13 books & host of a 6-times iTunes chart-topping podcast.
Thrivetime Show – Schedule your free 13-Point Assessment with Clay, get your free web analysis and web audit, and download your free e-book.
3 Value Bombs
1) Most businesses do not make it because they are working by guesswork.
2) When you have financial freedom, you can buy back your time.
3) Nothing works unless you do.
Traffic Secrets Podcast: The strategies to attract your dream customers when you’re just starting out are exactly the same as when you own a multi-million dollar business. And these strategies are waiting for you on a new podcast mini- series: Traffic Secrets. TrafficSecretsPodcast.com
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Guaranteed Success: Why You Must Know and Complete Your Daily K.P.I.s with Clay Clark
[1:24]– Clay shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He wears the same outfit every day.
[3:05] – Why do your clients grow on average of 104% per year, when Inc. Magazine shows that 96% of small businesses fail within 10 years?
- Most businesses do not make it because they are working by guesswork.
- Clay has a proven plan that he creates for each client, and he uses a month-to-month program.
- 13-point assessment with the client before creating the plan.
- It usually takes him 4-10 hours to create a customized plan for his clients.
[4:52]- Clay’s process of making a custom business plans for his clients
- Identify the goals.
- 13-point detailed assessment.
- Website ranking on search engines
- How many customers does your company need per day to achieve its financial goals?
- How many hours per week are you willing to work to acquire customers?
- Identify your unique value proposition
- Create a Turnkey Marketing System to have time and financial freedom.
- Sales System
- Cost to acquire new customers
- Repeatable systems
- Managing people
- Sustainable schedule
- System for recruiting people
[13:00] – Clay shares an example of part of a proven path.
- V – Video reviews
- I – Images
- S – Search Engine Content
- M – More Google and Facebook reviews
[19:20] –Clay introduces his client Josh Fellman
[20:38] – JLD asks Clay to take over and ask Josh questions.
[21:28] – How long have you been self-employed?
- Josh started at the age of 8 by delivering cookies.
[21:57] – When did you have your big win as an entrepreneur?
- Josh started an I.T. company in 2008.
[23:09] – Josh shares his growth experience with Clay.
- He reached out to Clay for help to develop his skills in coaching.
- 2 years ago, Clay helped him create an I.T. coaching company.
- He started an arcade, bar, and a laundromat.
[25:40] – What has been the worst part or the most difficult part of having Clay Clark as your coach?
- Clay has a unique ability to speak the truth; you want to come back for more and you feel disappointed to fail him.
- Josh learned that in communicating you have to be funny, otherwise no one will listen to you.
[27:07] – Josh shares the value of having a call center.
- Thrivetime Show – Check out the list of Clay’s clients and the actual business growth of each client.
[29:35]- Why do you believe Clay only takes on 160 clients?
- Because it hurts to deal with lame people every day.
[30:54] – Clay gives his call to action and parting piece of guidance
- When you have financial freedom, you can buy back your time.
- Thrivetime Show – Schedule your free 13 Point Assessment with Clay, get your free web analysis and web audit, and download your free e-book!
- Nothing works unless you do.
[36:41] – What motivates Clay to coach his clients?
- Clay gets his motivation from his belief that most general education is not wealth-creating.
- He wants to help his clients experience time and financial freedom.
- Paul Graham is Clay’s inspiration.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!