Chris Guillebeau is an author, lifelong entrepreneur, and EOFire fan. He has visited every country in the world and hopes to become a thought leader in the online cat video space.
MoneyTreeBook.com – Visit the website and register to get your free book!
SideHustleSchool.com – Earn Extra Money Without Quitting Your Job!
Chris’ Website – Check it out and learn more about Chris!
3 Value Bombs
1) Having a “good enough” job is risky because you tend to be satisfied with what you have.
2) Sometimes when you start something it leads you to the next thing; so if you never start, then you will never get there.
3) Self-reliance is important. Take opportunities in times of uncertainty.
The Marketing Secrets Podcast: My buddy Russell Brunson – founder of ClickFunnels – is on a mission to help get entrepreneurs unstuck so they can get back to changing the world! Check out his podcast at MarketingSecrets.com!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Plant and Grow Your Money Tree with Chris Guillebeau
[1:10] – Chris shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He used to have no direction in his younger years, but got back on his feet and turned things around.
[2:41] – Why does self-reliance matter now more than ever?
- Self-reliance is more important nowadays because of the uncertainty of what you’re in for in the future.
- It is better to create more than one source of income.
- Take time to plant that money tree and to invest in yourself.
[6:36] – Chris talks about the Gig Economy.
- The Gig Economy does a great job in marketing itself as providing income; however, it does not provide that much – you don’t have full security.
- Most of the companies in the Gig Economy, such as Uber and Lyft, often control the company, and you are not investing in yourself.
[8:45] – Is it good enough to have a good job nowadays?
- Having a “good enough” job is risky because you tend to be satisfied with what you have.
- It is important to figure out what is important to you.
- “Good enough” is not sufficient these days, especially if there are a lot of opportunities around you.
[10:38] – Chris offers a print version of his Money Tree Book to every college student and fresh graduate!
- MoneyTreeBook.com – Visit the website and register to get your free book!
15: 41 – What is the number 1 thing one should do to begin cultivating their financial independence right away?
- You can start by taking the $1,000 challenge, which is fully laid out inside the Money Tree Book.
- Try reselling for a start and make an income from it.
- Know your skills.
- Define your financial independence.
[19:25] – Did Chris have any idea he’s be doing what he’s now when he was a kid?
- He never had a grand aspiration of podcasting when he was a kid.
- He became an entrepreneur several years after he lived in West Africa.
- Sometimes when you start something, it leads you to the next thing; but if you never start, then you will never get there.
[21:30] – Chris talks about his favorite part of podcasting.
- He gets the motivation from its similarity to writing a book and getting feedback from the people, and hearing results from them.
[23:24] – Chris’ parting piece of guidance
- Self-reliance is important. Take the opportunities in times of uncertainty.
- SideHustleSchool.com – Earn Extra Money Without Quitting Your Job!
- MoneyTreeBook.com – Visit the website and register to get your book!
- Chris’ Website – Check out Chris’s website to learn more about him and what he has going on!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!