Chris Jones is the author of Unoboy.com. His mission in life is to demonstrate that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to create a world class ecommerce business or have a sophisticated marketing operation.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Anything You Want – Chris’ Top Business Book
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- It’s 2017 – there’s no need to do everything in your business manually – learn to leverage processes by automation.
- Always be honest with your customers—you’ll be surprised by just how understanding they can be.
- Don’t wait around to be discovered; employ techniques that can grow your following.
- LegalZoom: Go ahead and focus on growing your business, and let LegalZoom handle the legal stuff. Visit LegalZoom.com now, and be sure to enter promo code EOF in the referral box at checkout for special savings!
- Allstate: Be more than just an agent. Be an Allstate Agency Owner and earn equity in the business you build! Visit AllstateAgent.com/eofire to learn more about owning an Allstate Agency. Subject to the terms of the agency agreements.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Chris runs an ecommerce business called Bec Sport – (Sorry! This link was active when this episode was first published in 2017. This resource is no longer available.)
- [01:34] – He wasn’t interested in being an entrepreneur until his late 20s
- [02:15] – Chris made an interesting discovery through his Instagram account – he got a sale by accident
- [06:14] – Chris’ area of expertise is in growing a big Instagram account where you can get sales to come in
- [06:41] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: You can use MassPlanner to set up all activities on Instagram and automate it like a personal assistant
- [07:48] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: 3 months into Bec Sport, Chris found himself selling products before the actual shipment came in. The day the shipment was scheduled to arrive, it didn’t. Chris contacted the supplier and learned he was far off schedule and that it would take at least a couple of weeks to arrive
- [09:08] – Chris realized that people know “stuff” happens
- [09:29] – He went out and sent sweat headbands to his customers with a letter of apology for the delay
- [10:39] – Alibaba is where Chris found his supplier
- [11:29] – “Make sure there’s as little a language barrier as possible”
- [11:43] – Chris’ new supplier is in Singapore
- [13:07] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Chris’ biggest ah-ha moment was when he shared his Instagram strategy. There was a guy struggling to make a sale. Chris reached out and gave him his complete strategy and it yielded Chris a disproportionate response
- [16:05] – Pay attention to a disproportionate response
- [16:34] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m absolutely fired up about millennials”
- [17:44] – “Don’t wait around to be randomly discovered”
- [18:11] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Contentedness”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “No dunk is better than podunk”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I practice affirmations every single day”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Anything You Want – “absolute best business book you’ll ever read”
- [22:21] – Chris is giving Fire Nation a calculator he designed at UnoBoy.com/Fire for FREE
- [23:25] – “You are not Justin Bieber… don’t wait for your post to be viral”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!