Dr. Chris Zaino is a world-renowned speaker, author, entrepreneur, and IFBB Pro bodybuilder. After defying a deadly disease in his late 20’s, he leveraged his experience to begin leading others in heath. This led to creating one of the largest wellness clinics in the world where his teams sees thousands of clients weekly. His Facebook and YouTube vlog style series, “We Are Heroes”, follows him as he readies himself to tell the world that embracing the Hero within is the full expression of who you were created to be and guides you in fulfilling your purpose in life.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- YouTube – Dr. Chris’ small business resource
- The Compound Effect – Dr. Chris’ Top Business Book
- I Am Hero – Dr. Chris’ website
- Gift for Fire Nation – 1 month to Win
3 Key Points:
- Make the best out of what you have right NOW.
- Learn from the people who already made the mistakes before you.
- Take the time to remember who you really are.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Dr. Chris won Mr. America in 1998
- [01:20] – When he married his wife, he went from 230 to 158 lbs
- [01:26] – The only option he had was to take out his colon
- [01:34] – He was given an 80% chance of cancer
- [01:43] – His 10th grade anatomy teacher advised him to check in with his spine specialist
- [01:56] – He went to the spine specialist and in 7 months, his body healed itself
- [02:35] – The cause of his autoimmune disease was damage in his lower spine
- [02:42] – Correcting the blind spot changed his journey
- [03:23] – Dr. Zaino’s area of expertise is being a potentialist
- [03:37] – Being a potentialist is doing the best you can with what you got in the moment you got it
- [04:29] – “A good decision now is better than a great decision later”
- [04:58] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Chris and his wife bought their first home. As they became more successful in their careers, they upgraded. A friend of Dr. Chris’ invited him to visit his brother-in-law who did day trading. They gave $250K for day trading even at a great risk to becoming bankrupt. The guy fell asleep while trading and lost the whole $250K
- [06:44] – Instead of thinking scarce, Dr. Chris thought of how he could earn that money back again by giving value to people
- [07:12] – He started getting amazing ideas over the next few weeks like hosting a mastermind
- [07:44] – Don’t gamble
- [07:47] – Never invest your money into something not associated with your sole purpose
- [09:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Recently, Dr. Chris felt depressed and burnt out. He questioned his purpose and the pain got worse – he was disengaged at home. One day his son asked his wife, “Mom, what’s wrong with Daddy?” and that hit him. He Googled the words: achievement, contribution and admiration and the search showed HERO
- [13:03] – Dr. Chris had to remember who he was deep inside
- [13:17] – He was able to contribute to people, but he didn’t have the courage because he wasn’t ready to change and become who he was created to be
- [14:17] – He wasn’t ungrateful – he was grieving his potential the entire time
- [14:39] – Dr. Chris started a vlog, We Are Heroes, on YouTube
- [16:39] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s the hero”
- [17:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Education”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Get thought leaders in your life and apprentice”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I listen to audios every single day on personal development”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – YouTube
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Compound Effect – “it’s just so simple on how the things we do on a daily basis compound to either success or accumulated disaster.”
- [18:39] – Connect with Chris on I Am Hero
- [18:43] – Get Dr. Chris’ program, 1 Month to Win, for FREE! Just text WIN to 281 940 3517 or go to I Am Hero
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!