Chris, A.K.A Manafest, is a 4-Time Juno Award Nominated Rock Artist, Entrepreneur & Public Speaker. He has toured over 21 countries selling over 300,000 albums and a million singles.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- ListenToYoutube – Chris’ business resource
- How to Reach Your Life Goals – Chris’ top business book
- Fighter: Five Keys to Conquering Your Fear and Reaching Your Dreams – Christopher’s book
- Connect with Christopher on his website and through his music
3 Key Points:
- Don’t quit and persevere.
- Never forget, humans want to connect with humans… people buy into the why not the what of what you do.
- Action fuels success.
- Concordia University Wisconsin: Inspired to start your own business, or even innovate within an existing business? Visit OnlineInfo.cuw.edu/fire to learn more, and if you decide to apply, enter coupon code FIRE and Concordia University Wisconsin will waive your application fee!
- Billy Gene is Marketing: If you’re a marketer focused on helping local businesses, then check out this free training from my friend Billy Gene, where he’s going to show you the best performing Facebook and Instagram ads that get results!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:44] – Christopher is from Toronto, Canada
- [01:46] – Christopher’s different streams of revenue
- [01:53] – You do the work once and you get paid continually
- [02:44] – There are crazy different income streams in music
- [03:23] – How to monetize a YouTube channel
- [05:14] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When I quit my job as an IT engineer and there was nobody coming to the shows I was playing
- [06:40] – “I didn’t understand the marketing”
- [06:57] – “I was in the moment of quitting when a record label called me”
- [08:13] – Chris didn’t quit and persevered
- 09:46 – Entrepreneurial AH–HA Moment: The kickstarter thing
- [10:10] – “People don’t support what you do, they support why you do it” – Simon Sinek
- [11:55] – Humans want to connect with humans
- [12:35] – What is your biggest weakness as an entrepreneur? Delegating
- [13:43] – What is your biggest strength? Fear
- [14:11] – Action fuels success
- [14:40] – JLD’s fear in high school
- [16:13] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Memberships
- [19:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear and failure”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You can trade your life for the cost of a big dream, small dream, or no dream. So why not trade it for a big dream?”
- What’s the personal habit that contributes to your success? The idea of continuing to build reserves
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – ListenToYoutube
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How to Reach Your Life Goals
- 21:37 – Connect with Chris on his website and through his music
- [22:13] – Parting piece of guidance: “Never quit”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!