Charlie “The Spaniard” is a speaker, mentor and author. After teaching Spanish for three years and winning Spike TV’s Pros vs. Joes, he left his job to pursue professional fighting. In 2011, he was ranked #7 internationally and recently published Driven: My Unlikely Journey from Classroom to Cage.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Drive and Good Budget – Charlie’s business resource
- Extreme Ownership – Charlie’s top business book
- Driven: My Unlikely Journey from Classroom to Cage – Charlie’s book
- Charlie’s Gift for Fire Nation
- Charlie’s website
- The Fighter’s Mindset Podcast
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Find that fear and fight it head on.
- Preparation removes doubt from every equation.
- You’re responsible for your own journey—so stop waiting.
- eVoice: See how eVoice can help you connect with your prospects, partners, and customers quickly and easily! eVoice is offering Fire Nation an extended, 60 day free trial – just visit eVoice.com and use promo code FIRE!
- Concordia University Wisconsin: Inspired to start your own business, or even innovate within an existing business? Visit OnlineInfo.cuw.edu/fire to learn more, and if you decide to apply, enter coupon code FIRE and Concordia University Wisconsin will waive your application fee!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Charlie is a small town guy who dreamed big
- [01:31] – Value Bomb Drop: Find that fear and fight it head-on—remember that preparation removes doubt from every equation
- [03:26] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Waking up early
- [04:49] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I knew nothing about marketing, got a thousand copies of my book, and 958 ended up living in my basement
- [06:35]– Marketing is not an evil word, it’s an empowering word
- [07:14] – Never forget that you’re responsible for your own journey
- [07:54] – Entrepreneurial AH–HA Moment: Signing up for the UFC
- [10:43] – In order to succeed, surround yourself with the best people in the world
- [11:43] – What is your biggest weakness as an entrepreneur? Control
- [12:00] – What is your biggest strength? My mindset
- 12:26 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? The Fighter’s Mindset Podcast
- [15:09] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The know-how”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t go around telling people how good you are. Let them tell you”
- What’s the personal habit that contributes to your success? “I drink a gallon of water a day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Drive and Good Budget
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Extreme Ownership
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would go out and train at high intensity and post it online and build a following on my journey and just replicate the process”
- [19:06] – Parting piece of guidance: “Take action today. Don’t make an excuse.”
- 19:42 – Connect with Charlie on his website
- 19:48 – Charlie has a special GIFT for Fire Nation here!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!