Dan Fleyshman is the youngest founder of a publicly traded company who now spends $60 million on social media influencers and has angel invested in 37 companies.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Dan’s Instagram – Follow Dan on Instagram.
Dan’s Website – Youngest founder of a publicly traded company in history!
3 Value Bombs
1) We have to teach people. If you teach people or entertain them, you become the authority in that category.
2) Have some exposure to the high risk, because if you’re right, it can change your whole financial life. It’s your shot at glory.
3) Surrounding yourself with people who are great is going to force you to become a greater version of yourself.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
ZipRecruiter: Find the right employees for your workplace with ZipRecruiter, the #1 rated hiring site in the US, based on G2 ratings! Try it for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
Tailor Brands: For a super easy, all-in-one platform that gives you the tools and features you need to look professional from the start, visit TailorBrands.com and use code fire40 for 40% off!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Power of Social Media.
[1:16] – Dan shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You don’t need a formal education.
[2:14] – A lot of people think of influencers as “Untouchable Divas”. Dan shares his secrets on how to work with these people.
- The first 5 words have to be exactly what you want, so when they scroll through hundreds of DMs, they will know exactly what you want.
- Make it clear what you’re offering and you’ll have a high engagement rate of people opening your DM’s.
[4:24] – Dan’s worst experience with an influencer.
[5:30] – Omnipresence and its importance.
- Omnipresence is you being everywhere to a follower, or to someone out there. You want them to be on Twitter and see you, on Facebook, or on Instagram and see you there, too.
- All social media platforms are free, so there’s no excuse.
[7:29] – Tips on building a personal brand
- We have to teach people. If you teach people or entertain them, you become the authority in that category.
- Being consistent helps a lot. If you just do here and there, you lose what’s called “top of mind awareness.”
- It costs you nothing to have your own podcast, or speak on a stage, but you might get paid to do these things. All it takes is consistency.
[12:28] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot, ZipRecruiter, and Tailor Brands!
[14:52] – The usefulness of masterminds and live events
- Surrounding yourself with people who are great is going to force you to become a greater version of yourself.
- Masterminds can filter out all the noise, and you’ll be in a room of people who love to take action.
[18:04] – The 40-40-20 Investment Principle
- Place 40% investment at low risk, 40% at medium risk, then 20% at high risk.
- Have some exposure to the high risk, because if you’re right, it can change your whole financial life. It’s your shot at glory.
[22:14] – Dan’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Dan’s Instagram – Follow Dan on Instagram.
- Just. Get. Started.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!