Daniel Rusteen is a prior Airbnb employee, author of best-selling book for Airbnb hosts “Optimize YOUR Bnb”, and Airbnb guest of 2,000 nights.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Optimize My Bnb Website – Learn more about how to supercharge your listings!
Optimize My Airbnb Instagram –Connect with Daniel on Instagram!
Optimize YOUR Bnb – The Definitive Guide to Ranking #1 in Airbnb Search
3 Value Bombs
1) If you do not feel that you can be the best of whatever you are doing, that is the trigger that tells you that you are not on the right path.
2) Direct bookings could become a thing in the future.
3) The decisions you make reveal what kind of host you will be.
Thrivetime Show: Is this your year? Visit ThrivetimeShow.com/eofire to see how Clay Clark’s business coaching has helped thousands of entrepreneurs to dramatically increase profitability!
HubSpot: Learn how HubSpot can help your business grow better and get a special offer of 20% off on eligible plans at HubSpot.com/eof!
MetPro: Make a strategic investment in your health so you can get to the next level. Visit Metpro.co/fire for a complimentary assessment and consultation with a metabolic expert today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: From Fired To Famous – Airbnb Employee Writes Best-Selling Book For Airbnb Hosts with Daniel Rusteen
[1:38] – Daniel shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that if you do not feel you can be the best at whatever you are doing, the trigger tells you that you are not on the right path.
[4:30] – What is it like working for Airbnb?
- The environment, the team, and his experience working for Airbnb were incredible.
- They have a very social atmosphere.
- He worked at the head office in San Francisco, and it was his best office job by far.
[5:37] – Daniel shares his story, from being fired to becoming famous.
- He was a Certified Public Accountant and started working a public accounting job before Airbnb.
- He did not like working with his first two companies and realized he did not want accounting.
- After a few years, he tried switching to the business development department.
[8:23] – How did you get started in vacation rentals or Airbnb?
- He was often tasked to be the host, and he liked it.
- He felt that he could be good at hosting.
- He connected with a local Airbnb property manager and gained knowledge; his bonuses are based on the listings.
- He became an Airbnb expert by updating listings, developing strategies, and noticing patterns.
[10:04] – A timeout to thank our sponsors!
[12:33] – What makes you different than other vacation rental experts?
- He worked at Airbnb.
- He is an Airbnb guest.
Daniel gives an example of working for Airbnb and getting inside edges.
- It is all about how to get higher in rank.
- Through experiments, he noticed that whoever makes Airbnb the most money will rank the highest.
- Airbnb cares less about your review rating than your number of reviews.
[15:05] – What is the future of Airbnb?
- If Airbnb does not clean up its act on both the host and guest side, it will lose the market.
- Airbnb created the market and is the market leader by far; however, both sides are disappointed.
- Direct bookings could become a thing in the future.
[17:07] – What makes for a good Airbnb experience rental?
- The mindset.
- The decisions you make reveal what kind of host you will be.
- A shift from an employee mindset to an organizational perspective.
- Think about your future desk.
- Think about what guest you want.
- Have a digital guidebook.
- It decreases the host’s time investment and increases the guest experience.
[20:35] – How do you know where to invest in your first or following short-term rentals?
- Your location will depend on your research into a market.
- 2 Types of Markets:
- Discovered Markets – has a lot of supply and demand.
- Undiscovered Markets – has less supply and demand.
- Dig into the numbers; you can profit by going through the details.
[24:00] – Daniel gives his call to action.
- Optimize My Bnb Website – Learn more about how to supercharge your listings!
- Optimize My Airbnb Instagram –Connect with Daniel on Instagram!
[24:55] – Thank you to our Sponsors!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!