Dave Scatchard is a former 14 year NHL Pro, international speaker, author of The Comeback – My Journey Through Heaven and Hell. He is regarded as one of the top peak performance life and business coaches in the industry.
All Star Coaching – Learn more about Dave’s coaching program!
All Star Weekend Experience – Discounted offer for Fire Nation on Dave’s live event in Scottsdale. Grab your early bird discount for $297!
The Comeback – Get your FREE Copy of THE COMEBACK Today!
The Comeback on Amazon – My Journey through Heaven and Hell
3 Value Bombs
1) If you can’t bring your mindset and your energy to it, you’re going to default back to old patterns. Do something big with the energy and shift the old way of thinking, being, and focusing, and build a new one based off of your champion moment.
2) When somebody is in a state of overwhelm, they can’t see the way out. It’s almost like it doesn’t exist because their energy is so diffused, spread across too many areas.
3) To gain confidence, do things and make it your mission. Know what you can do every single day that will bring you an edge and a better chance to win.
Uprising Food: The amount of fake ingredients we consume every single day should be a concern, and the people at Uprising Food are here to help! Get $10 off the starter bundle at UprisingFood.com/EOF!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Comeback – My Journey Through Heaven and Hell.
[1:24] – Dave talks about the difficult things he had to overcame on his journey to making it to the NHL.
- He grew up in a town of 6,000 people where it is freezing all the time. Kids grew up playing hockey.
- During his dad’s time off, they’d drive to local ponds or outdoor rings.
- He had a terrible bully growing up. He was bullied because he was really good at sports and school.
- He needed to play with the big boys because he needed better competition and needed somebody to notice him.
- Looking back at the difficult times, it forged him.
[6:24] – Dave shares an experience he had when he was 17.
- They had an hour practice. The whole team left and 5 guys were left behind. He was told to slow down to make sure they wouldn’t kill each other. He thought he needed to put the hammer down.
- Other guys might have gotten upset with him because he did not slow down. He had this drive in him that he can’t explain. By then, he was told by the assistant coach that he’d be playing that night.
- He made it to the team, ended up playing every single game the rest of the year, became one of the coach’s favorite players, and then became the captain of that same team
- If he wouldn’t have pressed his foot to the gas pedal, he wouldn’t have experienced all those crazy things
[10:29] – The healing process… Dave had many injuries. After everything he has gone through, how did he begin to heal after those injuries, near death experience, and the struggles?
- He was told by doctors he would never play again. He asked God for a miracle.
- He hired a life coach. He told the life coach that when he get better, he wanted to be helping kids and people who are going through pain and suffering.
- When you go to war and turn yourself into something you’re not, you become a shadow of yourself.
[15:33] – Dave’s decision that changed things in his life.
- He decided to let God lead the way. That’s when he felt a rush of grace and healing pour over his entire body like a waterfall.
- There are people you are going to help from that deep, dark place.
- The way he is looking at his life, all the injuries, craziness, and struggles – it’s just building a strong, compassionate, educated, and powerful leader.
[21:18] – Principles that create the most transformation in life and businesses.
- Dave’s niche is really psychographic, not demographic. That means people are relating more with his story and trusting him with their life and business.
- When somebody is in a state of overwhelm, they can’t see the way out. It’s almost like it doesn’t exist because their energy is so diffused, spread across too many areas
- Clarity in your vision is number one.
- Second is mindset. If you can’t bring your mindset and your energy to it, you’re going to default back to old patterns. Do something big with the energy and shift the old way of thinking, being, and focusing, and build a new one based off of your champion moment.
- Fear of failure stops 90% of people from even starting the game.
- To gain confidence, do things and make it your mission. Know what you can do every single day that will bring you an edge and a better chance to win.
[28:10] – Dave talks about his book The Comeback.
- It’s amazing how you can teach through story.
- Tell a story that people almost get absorbed by.
- Writing this book wasn’t about Dave – it was about helping people
[33:15] – Dave’s call to action for Fire Nation!
- All Star Coaching – Learn more about Dave’s coaching program!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!