David Meltzer is a world-renowned entrepreneur, currently CEO of Sports 1 Marketing, recognized as a Top 100 Business Coach, is a 2x best-selling author, and hosts The Playbook podcast.
David’s Instagram – Follow David on Instagram!
David’s YouTube – Check out and subscribe to David’s YouTube channel :)
Dave Meltzer – Check out David’s website!
3 Value Bombs
1) Be more interested than interesting; ask for mentorship and help.
2) Take advice from experienced and knowledgeable people.
3) Lower the bar. Momentum loves action.
TransUnion ShareAble for Hires: Enables immediate access to employment screening tools that deliver reports in minutes! Start your on-demand screening at Shareable.com/fire and use code ONFIRE50 at checkout to save 50% on your first screening!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Game-Time Decision Making with David Meltzer
[01:08] –David shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He asked a friend to help him go steady with his wife way back at 6th Grade camp! He was unsuccessful then, but he tried again and he was able to succeed a few years after.
- “It’s not how you start the race, it is how you finish it.”
[02:49] – Are we making decisions based on the wrong assumptions?
- Poor assumptions can be deadly.
- Be more interested than interesting; ask for mentorship and help.
- Derive decisions from good assumptions. Decisions that are based on data and not assumption will result in great success.
[06:09]- What is the best way to handle input and advice from others?
- Just because advice comes from people who love and care for you doesn’t mean it’s good.
- Take advice from experienced and knowledgeable people.
[10:26] – How can we recover from inevitable mistakes and get back to our center?
- Mistakes happen; it’s a miracle when you learn from those mistakes.
[12:55] – How can we focus on the present?
- Pay attention to time – Time is essential.
- Manmade construct – Productivity and accessibility.
- Construct of Infinity – Human beings cannot grasp how infinite time is.
- Mindset shift – activities we get paid for versus the activities we don’t get paid for.
[17:10] – How can we expand our learning zone and shrink our anxiety zone?
- Visualize 3 concentric circles:
- Inner circle – comfort zone; nothing expands.
- 2nd layer – learning zone – acceleration and exponential growth.
- 3rd layer – anxiety zone – full of ego-based emotions.
- Identify where your ego is.
[19:56] – Is it possible to chase our goals without actually being emotionally attached to the outcomes?
- Never attach happiness to the outcome – instead attach happiness and emotions to the pursuit of it. This will help you create more inspiration.
[22:21] – Why do people get “stuck”, and how can we breakthrough that process?
- Focus on maximizing the acceleration and exponential growth.
- Focus on how you’ll get there instead of whether you are there or not.
[25:58] – How do we create consistent habits through time management?
- Lower the bar and use your calendar. Be the student of your calendar. Pay attention to what you do and put a minimum on some things.
[29:31] – David’s parting piece of guidance
- Be kind to your future self and provide value.
- Ask for help from others. You will be able to give more if you have more.
- David’s Instagram – Follow David on Instagram.
- David’s YouTube – Check out and subscribe to David’s YouTube channel.
- Dave Meltzer – Check out David’s website.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!