David Garland is the creator of The Rise To The Top and Create Awesome Online Courses. He helps people create & sell online courses with thousands of students in over 100 countries who have created successful courses on everything from kindergarten teaching to snowboarding.
Click here for our free workshop: 5 Secrets to a Successful Online Course in 2018
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) There’s room for your unique voice in the online courses space.
2) Great customer service is one thing that online courses require.
3) Be on the lookout for the new things and trends that are coming.
LegalZoom: Now that the New Year is upon us it’s time to finally get serious about setting up YOUR family’s future. AND LegalZoom can help. Visit LegalZoom.com and get special savings when you enter EOF in the promo box at checkout. LegalZoom, where life meets legal.
I Love Franchising: If you’re tired of Corporate America and want to step into owning your own business, then the time to make a move is NOW. …And why not make that move into franchising? Erik of I Love Franchising has personally helped over 1,000 people transition out of Corporate American and into Franchise Ownership, and you can take your first step towards doing the same today. Visit ILoveFranchising.com/fire to download Erik’s free eBook, The Franchising Playbook, today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:50] – David is married with 2 kids
[02:05] – He’s been doing business online since 2008
[02:25] – He’s all about helping people create and sell online courses
[04:04] – David will talk about the opportunities online courses create
[04:54] – “There’s plenty of room for your unique voice and your unique personality”
[05:34] – In this workshop, JLD and DSG will also walk you through each step to get started
[07:38] – In 2011 it was very difficult to launch a course; today courses are accessible to anyone and everyone
[08:33] – There’s been a great increase in demand for design and branding
[09:09] – “Not every topic under the sun is great for an online course”
[10:32] – Customer service has to be a priority for anyone creating online courses
[14:21] – There is a wide variety of people who create online courses
- Online content creators
- Coaches, experts, and consultants
- Committed beginners
- Authors and speakers
[19:05] – New things are coming
[20:36] – DSG see’s a few trends in the online course industry:
- Going deep on a topic or with a very specific audience
- Innovating in your industry
- Being the first to lead for a new idea / thing
[26:21] – This year commit and put in the effort to start something!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!