Zac de Silva is an award-winning business coach to many leading entrepreneurs and thought-leaders and owns NurtureChange.com (entrepreneur business summits in Fiji) and accme.co (a SAAS company that asks you the right questions).
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Get Pocket – Zac’s small business resource
The 100 Best Business Books of All Time – Zac’s Top Business Book
BusinessChanging, NurtureChange, and AccountabilityMe – Zac’s websites
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Ask questions until there are no more left to ask.
2) Scaling is not always the answer—a business is about more than just making a profit.
3) Cashflow is the blood of the business.
Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:07] – Zac started out as an accountant and became CFO of Flight Centre
[01:19] – In the mid-2000’s, his wife was diagnosed with cancer, and in two and a half years she passed away
[01:26] – In 2005, Zac was a widower with 3 kids
[01:40] – He bought a large fashion company (with a friend) and they grew it to 30 stores in a couple of years
[02:14] – After winning awards for how they grew the business, Zac gave his notice and resigned so that he could dive into coaching
[03:17] – Zac re-married and is now living happily with his wife and 5 children
[03:41] – His area of expertise is in business planning and strategy
[05:20] – The best way to make another business plan is to assess what’s best for you in the future
[06:15] – “Scaling is not always the best thing”
[07:17] – Business is not always about the money, it’s also about impacting people
[08:28] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: He remembers his first season with the fashion company. He asked a guy in the warehouse about the inventory and apparel they had in stock. The guy said he was happy about what they had, but after a year, they ended up having over $1M in excess stock that they didn’t need
[10:03] – Zac learned that cash flow is king
[10:13] – “Numbers never lie in business”
[11:00] – Ask enough questions until you don’t have anymore to ask
[12:10] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Zac created a SaaS process that could do 80-90% of what he could as a coach—Accountability Me. Another ah-ha moment was when Zac thought about adding more value to his clients through a holiday mastermind in Fiji
[15:35] – Take a pain point and don’t give up until you solve it
[16:06] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s the fact that I’ve created an awesome business plan template that people are loving”
[16:52] – Learn more about Zac’s online offer at BusinessChanging.com/firenation
[17:25] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was probably the paycheck”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Ask the right questions”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Root cause analysis”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Get Pocket
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 100 Best Business Books of All Time – “I find it amazing”
[22:00] – Do the most important things that will make you successful
[22:39] – Connect with Zac at BusinessChanging, NurtureChange, and AccountabilityMe
[22:58] – Register at BusinessChanging.com/firenation and get $200 off Zac’s business planning workshop!
[23:10] – Get the questions that will help you focus at AccountabilityMe! Zac is giving away 2 month free subscriptions—use promo FIRE NATION while setting up your account!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!