David Walter is an author, speaker and sales trainer. His claim to fame came from a cold-calling hot streak, during which he set 15 appointments a day for six months straight. He later ran a prospecting call center, helping companies make millions. His book is a No. 1 best-seller on Amazon & he is a Contributor to Entrepreneur.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
7 Cold-Calling Diagrams – Get past gatekeepers with these 7 powerful diagrams and David’s book for free!
3 Value Bombs
1) Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
2) Cold callers are 3 feet from gold. If you can just move over 3 feet in time, you are going to hit that gold.
3) Cold calling is not dead, people simply have the wrong beliefs about it; you just have to change your approach.
Beam: Their Focus capsules provide support for a physical and mental boost whenever you need it! Get $20 off any purchase over $65 at BeamOrganics.com/eof, or use code EOF at checkout!
Thinkific: Amplify is a free event that features 30+ expert creators who will show you how to make revenue selling content online! Visit Thinkific.com/amplify to RSVP for free!
HubSpot: Start giving your customers what they deserve. Learn more about how you can transform your customer experience with a HubSpot CRM Platform at HubSpot.com!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Cold Calling is NOT a Numbers Game
[1:17] – David shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- David believes in Law of Attraction.
- Several months ago David put JLD on his vision board and started a mantra. Now here David is – on the show.
[2:10] – So I told Fire Nation a little about your infamous cold-calling hot streak in the intro… can you tell that story in full?
- David helped his dad with running ads back in college, and they went bankrupt
- He had to find a way to set more appointments. He stood in front of a mirror and started telling himself that he would make 15 appointments a day.
- Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
[5:08] – A lot of people talk about the numbers game… in your definition, what is the numbers game?
- Cold calling is calling 100 people a day in a sequence. This is the numbers game.
- Cold callers are 3 feet from gold. If you can just move over 3 feet in time, you are going to hit that gold.
[9:02] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, Beam, Thinkific, and HubSpot!
[11:23] – Will Smith starred in a great flick a few years back called The Pursuit of Happiness. What does cold-calling have to do with the movie?
- David shares a scene from the movie where Will Smith called the person on the top of his list.
[14:05] – What keeps people from trying your process?
- A fear of burning the list.
- David shares a few tips on how to avoid getting backlisted
[16:12] – David’s key take away and call to action.
- Cold calling is not dead, people simply have the wrong beliefs about; you just have to change your approach.
- 7 Cold-Calling Diagrams – Get past gatekeepers with these 7 powerful diagrams and David’s book for free!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!