Deb is a brand dominatrix and investor pitch whisperer with legendarily bad travel karma. In her capacity as Sol’s strategic and spiritual leader, Deb has led brand research and strategy engagements for organizations ranging from international household names to venture-funded startups. Before starting Sol, Deb was SVP at Citigate Cunningham.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Trello – Deb’s business resource
- Branding is Sex: Get Your Customers Laid and Sell the Hell Out of Anything – Deb’s book
- Sol Marketing – Deb’s website
- Connect with Deb by email
- FreeGoalsCourse.co – A FREE 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
3 Key Points:
- Today’s options are tomorrow’s standard equipment.
- Every bad moment is an opportunity to pull together.
- Every investor pitch is going to feel like a repeat—there’s nothing you can do about it, so just do the best pitch you can.
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
- Tommy John: The revolutionary men’s underwear brand that is literally redefining comfort for guys everywhere! Visit TommyJohn.com/fire and get 20% off your first order! Tommy John: No adjustment needed.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Deb’s personal and business life tend to intersect
- [01:07] – Deb was born to brand
- [02:50] – Value Bomb Drop: All branding is about getting your customer laid and today’s “options” are tomorrow’s “standards”
- [06:07] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? “That it would be really hard to take the sum total of my 25+ years of experience and turn it into content”
- [07:22] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Deb’s business was not actually ready for her to step away… she left too early and a client cancelled half of a $120k purchase order
- [09:02] – Deb’s company has been fired from accounts for things completely beyond their control
- [10:21] – Everything is the “worst” when you’re going through it in real-time
- [11:22] – Challenges are just opportunities to pull together
- 12:26 – Entrepreneurial AH–HA Moment: The idea to start Investor Pitches
- [14:03] – Deb’s shower thought
- [14:22] – Every investor pitch has to have a lot of the same elements
- [15:44] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Being hands-on with people
- [16:19] – Deb’s workshop on The Brain Science of Storytelling
- [19:54] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I think I didn’t know it was an option”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Really true friendship is love”
- What’s the personal habit that contributes to your success? Getting up early
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Trello
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Branding is Sex: Get Your Customers Laid and Sell the Hell Out of Anything
- 24:28 – Connect with Deb on her website or her email
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!