Debbie Sterling is a female engineer and Founder of GoldieBlox, a toy company out to inspire the next generation of female engineers. She has made it her mission in life to tackle the gender gap in science, technology, engineering and math.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “The mission is greater than the company.” – GoldieBlox click to tweet!
- Debbie and her team were accepted into the 2nd round of a prestigious accelerator program. They prepped and prepped and prepped, but were denied entry. Her team fizzled, and her co-founder split, but Debbie stayed true to the course and greatness followed!
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Debbie shares her “shower moment” when the name GoldieBlox appeared, as well as the moment when the concept took shape… inspiring stuff!
- GolideBlox is one of four finalists for a SUPERBOWL commercial… all I can say is WOW. Go Goldie!
Small Business Resource
- Shopify: Everything you need to start selling online – today. Get a free 14 day trial AND 20% off for life at Shopify.com/fire
Best Business Book
- The Ten Faces of Innovation by Tom Kelley
- Onnit: A health and wellness brand focused on Total Human Optimization. To get 10% off your supplement purchase go to Onnit.com/Fire
- Ontraport: An all-in-one small business management platform that integrates all the software you need to start, systemize and scale your business. To learn more, go to Ontraport.com/fire
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!