Dimitry is the founder and President of LGFG Fashion House, a bespoke tailoring service that caters to clients in more than 16 countries through a direct sales force in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Upwork – Dimitry’s small business resource
- Double Double – Dimitry’s recommended book
- LGFG Fashion House
3 Key Points:
- Ditch the beliefs that limit you
- Celebrate all the ‘no’ answers. They’re getting you closer to a ‘yes’
- Develop a mindset of abundance, not scarcity
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:15] – Dimitry is an ice hockey nut who splits his time between Canada and Europe
- [01:40] – Dimitry’s business sells bespoke tailoring – “We’ll turn up at your office with fabrics and a tape measure”
- [02:45] – “99% of my life is failure. That’s sales.”
- [03:06] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Being fired from an organization where he was acting as an in-company entrepreneur
- [04:13] – Part of being a salesperson is having people say no to you constantly
- [04:47] – “The ‘no’ is just part of the process”
- [05:43] – How has Dimitry’s sales style change since his very first sale?
- [06:29] – “Sometimes not getting what you want is a deposit on an incredible blessing”
- [06:54] – How John and Dimitry met
- [10:45] – Compliment people honestly and early
- [11:37] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that the top performer in the company he worked for wasn’t particularly special – he just expected more
- [13:36] – The question is: Why not me?
- [14:42] – Look with a mindset of abundance, not scarcity
- [15:38] – Biggest weakness? – “Administrative details. For me, just filling out a form is like climbing Everest”
- [16:27] – Biggest strength? – “Work ethic and reliability”
- [17:00] – What has Dimitry most fired up today? “The fact that the world is just so big. There are so many opportunities”
- [20:28] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The people around me who doubted me”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Run at your fears”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m a voracious reader”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Upwork
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Double Double
- [23:56] – Parting piece of guidance? “Forget about the false societal structures we use to evaluate people. Let go of your limiting beliefs”
- 26:16 – Connect with Dimitry on Linkedin
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!