Dre, or DreAllDay, is an Internet pioneer who has been publishing to YouTube since 2006, totaling over 5,000 videos. He has authored 7 books, done 3 TED talks and hosts a podcast. His “Work On Your Game” brand helps you bulletproof your mindset, get exposure, and make things happen!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Periscope – Dre’s small business resource
- The Law of Success – Dre’s recommended book
- Dre All Day
- Follow Dre on Snapchat
- Get a FREE 10 minute phone consultation with Dre
3 Key Points:
- Create content as if your life depended on it.
- Build an audience that pays attention to you.
- Learn from other people.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:19] – Dre’s background is as a professional athlete
- [02:29] – Dre generates revenue through online courses, individual consulting, speaking, book sales, and marketing and affiliate deals from his content
- [02:53] – His most successful product is his basketball training program
- [03:49] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Listening to someone describe the best systematic way to put out content online… and realizing that was exactly what he WASN’T doing
- 04:55 – Check out the free EOFire webinar on sales funnels
- [05:55] – Learn from other people – there might be someone out there who has the exact information you need
- [06:46] – Set aside time every day to consume content
- [07:16] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that he could create a basketball training product that people would pay for
- [10:44] – Take action. Start putting out content – launch!
- [11:18] – Build a base of people who are willing to pay attention to you
- [13:22] – Biggest weakness? – I end up doing everything myself
- [13:58] – Biggest strength? – I’m great at selling myself
- [14:08] -What has Dre most fired up today?: “Being able to systematically deliver my content.”
- 14:35 – Get a FREE 10 minute phone consultation with Dre
- [16:55] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t know what an entrepreneur was”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Learn to delegate anything that can be done by someone other than you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I don’t do anything until my mind is properly charged up”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Periscope
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Law of Success
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Trade in my laptop for a smartphone and get some cash. Get on Youtube, WordPress and Live stream and start creating content like my life depended on it. I’d create a new online course every single day and start writing a book. The only thing I’d buy would be a smartphone charger.
- [24:17] – Parting piece of guidance? “Work on your game.”
- 24:51 – Connect with Dre at Dre All Day and on Snapchat
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!