Ellory Wells is a business coach and consultant who is an expert at creating systems and building automation. He specializes in helping busy professionals develop their exit strategy and start their business.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Waveapps – Ellory’s small business resource
The Power of Positive Living – Ellory’s Top Business Book
Exit Strategy – Ellory’s book
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Value yourself and don’t sell yourself short—people may find value in what YOU know.
2) Never stop investing in yourself or stop improving yourself.
3) It’s only YOU that can figure out what’s next for your career.
ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
Storyblocks: Download all the stock your heart desires from Storyblocks’ Member Library, which includes 400,000 stunning photos, vectors, textures, and icons. Plus, all content is royalty-free so you can use it for commercial and personal projects! Visit Storyblocks.com/fire to try it free for 7 days!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:55] – Ellory considers himself to be an average person who grew up in a small town
[01:14] – He was not born an entrepreneur
[01:21] – He was escorted out of the building where he worked and fired for taking a personal phone call
[01:34] – Three weeks before he got fired, he made $20K in commission
[02:32] – Ellory’s area of expertise is in seeing the world in patterns and processes
[02:46] – He later realized not all people see things the way he does
[04:10] – Ask your family and loved ones what you’re good at so you can see how other people view you
[04:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In entrepreneurship, very few things are wasted. Ellory’s biggest failure came a few months into his journey. He spent an entire month creating a membership site that didn’t make him a single dollar. He created an entire course and entire series of videos that just didn’t sell
[07:00] – “Too many people undervalue what they have to offer”
[07:46] – Keep improving yourself
[08:35] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Ellory was in Florida to talk to a group of podcasters. The night before his talk, he had a dream—he was sitting in a car late at night and his foot was on the brake while all the other cars were driving past him. There was a divide in the highway, a road to the left and one to the right. The person inside the car told him, “Ellory, nobody is going to tell you to go.” He realized nobody was going to tell him to do something besides himself
[12:07] – “Take your foot off the brake”
[12:36] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m actually launching a product! I’m working on a program that is very similar to others out there but very different as well”
[14:29] – Helping people not go back to their jobs is what fires Ellory up
[18:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear that I couldn’t step up”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Nobody’s going to take your career or your success more seriously than you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I try not to get burned out doing something I really love”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Waveapps
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Power of Positive Living – “it helped me come up with my personal mottos”
[22:13] – Start from yourself
[22:21] – “You can’t make a positive change with a negative attitude”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!