Kurek went from being homeless in two countries at the same time to creating a multi-million dollar business and working in 17 countries as a leading expert in personal and professional development.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
EOFire – Kurek’s small business resource
How Would Love Respond? – Kurek’s Top Business Book
Connect with Kurek via email
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Self-development always comes first.
2) If you’re not passionate about your product, your audience won’t be either.
3) Be honest about where you’re currently standing and start from that place of honesty.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
LegalZoom: LegalZoom has built a network of independent attorneys licensed in all 50 states to help with taxes, contracts, hiring employees, and more! For special savings, visit LegalZoom.com and be sure to enter promo code EOF in the referral box at checkout!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:57] – Kurek used to be a film actor in Hollywood
[01:08] – He left for Australia to work at a company that left him homeless
[01:27] – He’s been in Australia for 20 years now
[01:43] – Kurek’s expertise is in taking entrepreneurs and making them highly successful
[02:04] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Entrepreneurship is based on a scientific formula. In order to get results, do the action first. Self-development needs to be a priority
[03:29] – “In order for things to change, I must change first”
[03:54] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In the 90’s, Kurek was so excited about his infomercial. He had a product called Fan Hands, a glove that had a round frame that was used for skydiving. He was at the infomercial convention in Las Vegas and was super excited. When he made a demo, he found out his product didn’t even work
[05:48] – Be excited, be passionate
[06:58] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Kurek became homeless in Australia, he decided to start running free seminars. He was in a restaurant giving a speech and he asked people whether or not they remember the person who does NOT win first place. A person from the audience stood up and introduced herself as Natalie Cook, a beach volleyball olympian who won the bronze medal at the Atlanta Olympics. She asked Kurek if he could help her win the gold medal for the Sydney Olympics – and he did
[08:07] – Figure out the first step and just follow through
[08:56] – Every sports team Kurek works with now wins the olympics
[10:00] – Be honest about where you are and know where you want to go
[10:41] – Keep your eyes open for possible adjustments
[11:26] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “We have a brand new program that we’re doing called 10X Your Profits and the Value of Your Business”
[14:59] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was really fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Learn to like your dislikes”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Every morning, I have a routine where I get up and read my goals, affirmations, and the ‘I am’ statements”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – EOFire
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How Would Love Respond? – “it’s an International #1 best-seller”
[18:49] – “All your dreams come true if you make the decision to make them come true”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!