Eric Dyck is co-founder of DTC Newsletter and Podcast, where he connects his subscribers to the exact performance marketing tactics that fuel profitable sales for the world’s fastest growing brands and agencies.
DTC Newsletter – Subscribe for twice per week Direct to Consumer Insights straight into your inbox
3 Value Bombs
1) You shouldn’t be afraid of hiring entrepreneurial people.
2) Growing brands need to have a holistic mindset to build their content.
3) You are now involved in the brand process of the democratization of commerce. You can create meaningful businesses, and it is an exciting place to be.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Why Every Brand Needs To Be A Content Machine in 2022 with Eric Dyck
[1:38] – Eric shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you shouldn’t be afraid of hiring entrepreneurial people.
[3:00] – What is the DTC Newsletter, and what was your inspiration?
- The DTC Newsletter combines lessons from the past 15 years of Eric’s digital performance marketing career.
- Before the pandemic, as the Director of Content, Eric joined an agency
- The DTC Newsletter was born at the beginning of the pandemic.
- They are focused on giving insightful, tactical content to help businesses with things like Facebook Ads, Google, Tiktok, etc.
[7:34] – What kinds of content are most important for growing brands?
- Growing brands need to have a holistic mindset to build their content.
- Organic-based content is a must, and you need to have a list.
- Your goal is to bring people to the list and then use ads for retargeting.
[14:13] – Should brands build their own content or acquire it?
- It will always depend on what scale of business you are in.
- They are looking at potential acquisitions for growing distribution.
[17:38] – Eric shares some examples of brands creating (or acquiring) amazing content to grow their business.
- Whenever you can talk to a broader audience, look for what you can acquire in that space.
- Mid-Day Squares, Montreal – They are recording what is happening in their company almost every day.
- Little Spoons – They created a content brand for parents called, Is this normal?
- Muddy Bites – The company that just makes the bottom of the ice cream cone.
[21:21] – Eric’s parting piece of guidance.
- You are now involved in the brand process of the democratization of commerce. You can create meaningful businesses, and it is an exciting place to be.
- The DTC Newsletter’s mission is to accelerate the democratization of commerce.
- DTC Newsletter – Subscribe for twice per week Direct to Consumer Insights straight into your inbox
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!