Derrick Kinney believes if you’re not making the money you deserve, and you’re not making the impact on the world you’ve always wanted, there’s a better way for you to make money today.
Good Money Revolution Book – Pre-order Good Money Revolution now and grab your free gifts! (valued at $270)
3 Value Bombs
1) Where you are right now is where you can become successful right now.
2) In business, whenever you can tie in the generosity purpose, do it. You can make more money and customers will want to do more business with you because they’re part of something bigger.
3) Your generosity purpose is going to be the X-factor that causes people to engage with you and your business more, develop a stickier relationship, buy more from you, and refer other people to you.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Why the World Needs You to Make a Lot More Money.
[1:18] – Derrick shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Success is not a person’s birthright.
- Where you are right now is where you can become successful right now.
[2:59] – Derrick was recognized as one of the top financial advisors in the country by Forbes, and he decided to sell his business and build something new.
- He asked himself how he can be a better husband, a better father, and a better business leader.
- He had reached the highest of his capability and needed to do something else to challenge himself. That’s when he decided to sell the business, and when the good money concept came in.
- When someone is successful and making a lot of money, the people that aren’t successful and don’t have a lot of money are throwing rocks thru the windows and saying they’re bad.
[6:14] – The definition of a unique selling proposition.
- Derrick saw the power that teachers have in peoples lives.
- He loved being recognized and breathed belief into himself as a student.
- People can work with anybody. People can buy investment products from anybody. It’s you who adds a differentiating factor to de-commoditize that.
[11:41] – Dave’s story.
- Dave is Derrick’s long-time client. He’s the kind of guys who lights up the room. He’s a happy-go-lucky and successful person who people want to be like.
- Dave’s business was doing very well, but he didn’t feel purposeful. Derrick asked him if there was a cause that he cared deeply about that he wanted to help
- Dave remembered going to a village overseas that needed to have a school built because they were so behind in education. That’s when he thought it would be nice if he could fund it.
- He set a goal to increase sales for over 6 months, and to take half of that increase to fund the school.
[16:42] – For most business owners, making money is how they judge their success, but we’ve also got to give money because that’s what matters and adds meaning.
- Your generosity purpose is going to be the X-factor that causes people to engage with you and your business more, develop a stickier relationship, buy more from you, and refer other people to you.
[20:47] – The Good Money Revolution book
- It’s about rethinking how people feel about money.
- Good Money Revolution Book – Pre-order Good Money Revolution now and grab your free gifts! (valued at $270)
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!