Evan #Believes in entrepreneurs. At 19, he built then sold a biotech software company. At 22, he was a venture capitalist. He now runs a popular website and YouTube channel for entrepreneurs. He’s the author of Your One Word. He’s aiming to help 1 billion entrepreneurs and change the world.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- YouTube – Evan’s small business resource
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Evan’s Top Business Book
- Your One Word – Evan’s Book
- Evan Carmichael – Evan’s website
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time
- Free Podcast Course – Learn how to Create, Grow and Monetize your own podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Think about your past, but make a life in the future.
- There is a world of opportunity — you just need to take that first step to discover all that’s out there.
- Do the things that make you come alive.
- Organifi: Organifi Green Juice is packed with 11 energy-bumping superfoods and herbs, which means you’ll get long-lasting energy throughout the day. See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
- ReferralCandy: Set up referral programs to help boost word of mouth! Visit ReferralCandy.com/fire to claim your $50 credit today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:16 – Free Podcast Course – Learn how to Create, Grow and Monetize your own podcast!
- [01:10] – Evan started as an entrepreneur when he was 5 selling his paintings
- [01:25] – He wanted to be a banker
- [01:49] – Evan launched his book last year
- 01:54 – Check out Evan’s YouTube video of JLD
- [02:18] – Evan is best at believing in people
- [02:55] – Most people don’t have the self-awareness to do what they want
- [03:30] – Find the root of who you are and who you will always be
- [03:50] – Think of who you’ve always been and who you will be in the future
- [05:52] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It happened when Evan was 19 and running his first business
- [08:15] – People learn so much from their worst moments
- [09:04] – Evan learned that he had to find another way to stand
- [09:30] – He searched the Internet for how Bill Gates got started
- [10:09] – Find people who are currently where you want to be
- [10:19] – Reach out to them and ask them the questions of how they got to where they are now
- [10:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Evan has never planned anything out
- [13:00] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Evan is still fired up about his YouTube channel and the book he just launched
- [13:00] – Evan is also fired up about the mission of helping a billion entrepreneurs
- [14:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My environment”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Do anything you want”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Having a morning routine that really builds you up to let you have a great day every day and be consistent”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – YouTube
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? –“I would start creating content. I would do what I’m doing right now”
- [16:45] – “Do the things that make you come alive”
- 17:08 – Find Evan on YouTube, Twitter and on his website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!