At only 20 years old, Tristan has become an expert in human motivation with endorsements by Pastor Joel Osteen and Mike Tyson. He is a best-selling author and nationally recognized motivational speaker, and international life coach being called by many in the self-development industry the “next Tony Robbins.”
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Trends – Tristan’s small business resource
- Made in America – Tristan’s Top Business Book
- Tristan James – Tristan’s website
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Look forward to your future pleasures that are tied to those long-term goals.
- It’s from our purpose that we can live out and do all that we do.
- Always take actions toward your dreams and goals.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Caliper: Assess your team today – FOR FREE – and you’ll discover what makes each person tick and how to improve the performance of your team. They’ll also give you an hour of free consulting! Visit CaliperCorp.com/fire
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:18 – How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time
- [00:31] – JLD introduces Tristan
- [01:03] – Tristan is 21 from Richmond, VA
- [01:20] – Tristan is interested in small town to big city transitions
- [01:47] – Tristan’s expertise is in helping people make their big dreams come true
- [02:28] – Tristan is after human potential, motivation and behavior
- [02:53] – “Everything we do in life is based upon our momentary decision making”
- [04:43] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Tristan has been in the business for 2.5 years
- [05:08] – 5 or 6 years ago, Tristan met a boy at a hospital whose father was in a coma
- [05:22] – Each day, the boy would hope that his father would wake up despite the nurses telling him the opposite
- [05:30] – That boy is Tristan
- [05:43] – From that point on, Tristan thought of people as having a purpose
- [06:23] – It’s in those moments of pain where you discover your purpose
- [07:27] – Understand those painful situations, step back and appreciate it
- [07:54] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The moment happened when Tristan was living in a homeless shelter
- [09:48] – “Always understand that you’re bigger than the things that are trying to come after you”
- [10:14] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Just being able to get up and live another day”
- [13:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My age”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Tristan is organized and the biggest thing for him is planning
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Trends
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Sam Walton’s Made in America
- [17:38] – “You can’t build a reputation based upon what you say you’re going to do”
- 17:58 – Find Tristan on his website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!