Frank has had a successful career in the entertainment industry for the last 25 years and is one of the founding members, and partner, of Four Day Weekend, a comedy institution in Texas.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Vimeo – Frank’s small business resource
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces – Frank’s Top Business Book
- Four Day Weekend – Frank’s website
- Connect with Frank on Facebook
- Funnel on Fire – Learn how to create a funnel that converts in 8 days!
- Free Podcast Course – Learn how to create, grow, and monetize your podcast in 15 days!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t rely on just one revenue stream.
- There’s always a solution or way to work around every problem.
- Be open to new possibilities—you never know where it will lead you.
- School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:00 – Frank does improvisation and started Four Day Weekend 20 years ago
- [01:14] – When they started the show, it was just for 6 weeks
- [01:44] – Frank’s area of expertise is in improvisation; being present in the moment and having a default of YES
- [03:09] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: We are all improvisers in life and being improvisers benefits our lives
- [04:42] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: On September 15th, 2008, in Arizona, Frank was working a corporate gig (banking software) for Fortune 500 companies. That day, the Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy. Up to that point, their revenue streams came from corporate entertainment. They realized there wouldn’t be any more money for their business, as companies were tightening their budgets
- [06:34] – No matter what comes your way, find a way to work around it
- [07:10] – “Necessity is the mother of invention”
- [07:42] – Frank and his partners realized there’s always money for continuing education, so they created workshops for motivational speaking
- [09:28] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Frank’s greatest idea was incorporating social media into their live shows. Being a theater comedy group, they subscribed to a certain decorum that exists in a theater setting. They found it very distracting to have people on their phones during a performance. So, one day, their lighting and sound director came up with the idea to involve the audience and the use of social media in the actual show
- [13:30] – Using social media became a huge selling point for Frank and his partners
- [14:25] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The ‘Yes And’ Philosophy”
- [17:35] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I had a great job in corporate America”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You can lead in one of two ways in life — you can either lead by making people afraid of you…or…you can lead by example and inspire people”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Active listening”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Vimeo
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Hero with a Thousand Faces – “it really speaks to the hero in all of us”
- [22:01] – “Life is all about the leap. It’s not about the landing”
- 22:26 – Connect with Frank on Four Day Weekend or on Facebook
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!