Odette created “Speak from the Soul and Sell in Six Minutes” to help entrepreneurs build high-impact, lucrative, and purpose-driven businesses using the power of personal stories.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Voxer – Odette’s small business resource
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender– Odette’s Top Business Book
- Odette’s website
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Always set an intention when selling.
- Learn from your competitors.
- Anything is possible — jump to it and start trying.
- Ziprecruiter – The smartest way to hire! Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by growing businesses of ALL sizes and industries to find the most qualified job candidates with immediate results. Post your first job on ZipRecruiter for FREE at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- Omaha Steaks: If you’re looking for the perfect business gift, choose gifts that are simple to give and a JOY to get: choose Omaha Steaks! And right now you can get their exclusive Holiday Gift Package for only $59.99! Visit OmahaSteaks.com, type EOF in the search bar and choose the Perfect Business Gift.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:55] – Odette has just launched the two biggest products of her life—her daughters
- [01:24] – Living in Canada without her children, Odette still thinks about what she’ll do during the winter
- [01:54] – Her expertise is in helping entrepreneurs discover their true story (or soul story) and helps them find their powerful message from that story
- [02:54] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Anybody can sell—it’s about selling people an idea and an action to buy your stuff or get your services. Set an intention when you have their attention
- [03:49] – Odette has had “micro talks” with offices in the past
- [04:35] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Odette left her job and was wanting to go full-time into entrepreneurship when her significant other told her that she needed to move out. 30 days later, Odette’s elderly parents both broke their hips and passed away. A few weeks after all of that had happened, Odette woke up with her arms and hands paralyzed—this lasted for 18 months
- [05:36] – Odette moved to a new city with her two teenage daughters and started from scratch
- [06:20] – Odette’s biggest lesson learned was “anything is possible”
- [07:08] – Learn from the people who are doing what you do
- [07:47] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Odette’s first business was her craziest idea. In 1993, Canada went through a recession. Odette thought of selling in the real estate market and everyone told her it was a stupid idea. Her idea was to measure space for real estate agents for their commercial plans. Twenty-three years later, her business is international
- [09:04] – Everything is possible as a business idea
- [09:53] – Showing people who you are as a human being is showing them your authentic side
- [10:57] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “If one listener takes action and learns from something that you and I are talking about today”
- [15:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I thought my idea was dumb”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To know your competition – and competition is not a bad word”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I take a look at those out there and I research them”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Voxer
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender – “this is the inspirational book that changed my life”
- [19:40] – “Go out and give it a shot!”
- 19:43 – Odette’s GIFT is a 30-Minute Coaching Session! Register by emailing email@example.com with the Subject: JLD GIFT
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!