Gary Vaynerchuk is first and foremost a storytelling Entrepreneur. He is also a New York Times Best-selling Author, and his digital consulting agency, VaynerMedia, works with Fortune 500 companies to develop digital and social media strategies and content. His latest project is the book launch of Ask Gary Vee, which we’ll be rappin about today…and if you consider yourself an Entrepreneur Fire Nation, this is a MUST read.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member
- Ask Gary Vee–Gary’s new book
- Replay by Ken Grimwood – Book recommended by JLD
3 Key Points:
- If you’re putting 51% of the value into a relationship—any relationship—you’re going to come out on top.
- Emotional intelligence can be FAR more valuable in businesses than “book-smarts.”
- Double down on what you’re good at, forget or outsource the rest.
Snag Ask Gary Vee today!
- Click here to grab your copy!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [02:49] – John introduces Gary to the show
- [04:03] – What’s going on with Gary’s world
- [05:45] – New book available on March 8th—get over to Amazon and get it!
- [06:29] – Only talk about the things you know
- [07:25] – Talk about your life
- [08:49] – Nobody that really knows me could ever think I’m a bad dude
- [09:19] – Get narrow, get focused, and double down on what you’re good at
- [10:05] – Why another book, and why now?
- [11:27] – When you do Q&A with people, it’s an INCREDBLE way to connect and validate your knowledge
- [14:39] – Once you make a name for yourself in ONE specific channel—then you can branch out
- [15:15] – Chapter 17—self awareness
- [16:35] – I am all-time great at emotional intelligence
- [17:45] – TONS of people are JUST discovering me and I’ve been working for 20 years—it’s a CONSTANT grind
- [19:29] – People are terrified of repeating themselves…why?
- [21:19] – Those who want to take one quote (good or bad) and make a universal judgment of the individual making it are nuts
- [22:39] – Replay by Ken Grimwood
- [23:44] – If you’re a pure bred entrepreneur you equally give and do not give a crap about what people think
- [24:50] – Respect and understand what people are saying about you—but never waiver in your own self-belief
- [26:51] – Why Gary likes writing books
- [27:39] – You ALWAYS win if you give 51% of the value to the relationship
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!