Gavin is a Scottish entrepreneur, vlogger and speaker. He runs a Facebook ad agency and is often regarded as one of the world’s leading Facebook advertising experts.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
vidIQ – Gavin’s small business resource
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Gavin’s Top Business Book
Mr Gavin Bell – Gavin’s website
The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Don’t hold back on something you KNOW you’re good at.
2) Human psychology is more important for you to understand vs. just studying the tactics you use every day.
3) Combining video content with Facebook ads is one of the most effective campaigns you can use today.
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:58] – Gavin grew up in the northernmost part of Scotland and moved tothe UK when he was 18
[01:23] – Gavin worked with fitness trainers who didn’t market very well—this led to Gavin starting his current business
[01:47] – Gavin started with social media marketing, then moved his focus to Facebook marketing
[02:36] – Gavin is creating amazing video content and is combining it with Facebook ads
[03:01] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Not only do people need to create content and put it out there, but it needs to be COMPELLING
[03:40] – Gavin sees Facebook as the best distribution platform that we currently have
[03:51] – With video and Facebook, we can reach and target more specific people
- You can also do re-targeting with videos on Facebook
- It’s not really cheap to target people on Facebook
[05:55] – When you target people on Facebook, create your goals first
- One of your business’ goals can be lead generation
[06:32] – With Facebook, you want to use a tool to amplify what is already working
[07:00] – Gavin shares a sample: a marketing model for a chiropractor
- Sales models are important for Facebook marketing
[08:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Gavin was working 24/7 on his failing business and was a call center agent on the weekends
[10:35] – The entrepreneurial path is NOT for the fainthearted
[11:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gavin realized that business or marketing isn’t just about the tactics you use, as these will always change; however, one thing that won’t change is human psychology
[14:10] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Gavin will launch a Facebook training course soon and this is his first product that he’ll sell
[17:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The key to the world is knowing what someone wants and giving it to them”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “The fact that I’m ridiculously competitive”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – vidIQ
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How to Win Friends and Influence People has completely changed how Gavin communicates with people
[20:45] – Don’t get caught up in learning the technical tactics of a platform; instead, learn how the brain works
[21:06] – Start posting video content directly on Facebook; the average watch time is 6 seconds
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!