Gavin is a Scottish entrepreneur, vlogger and speaker. He runs a Facebook ad agency and is often regarded as one of the world’s leading Facebook advertising experts.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- vidIQ – Gavin’s small business resource
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Gavin’s Top Business Book
- Mr Gavin Bell – Gavin’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t hold back on something you KNOW you’re good at.
- Human psychology is more important for you to understand vs. just studying the tactics you use every day.
- Combining video content with Facebook ads is one of the most effective campaigns you can use today.
- Incapsula: Protects and accelerates over 4 million websites every day. Get a free enterprise trial of Incapsula’s services when you visit LP.Incapsula.com/2017Podcasts!
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:58] – Gavin grew up in the northernmost part of Scotland and moved tothe UK when he was 18
- [01:23] – Gavin worked with fitness trainers who didn’t market very well—this led to Gavin starting his current business
- [01:47] – Gavin started with social media marketing, then moved his focus to Facebook marketing
- [02:36] – Gavin is creating amazing video content and is combining it with Facebook ads
- [03:01] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Not only do people need to create content and put it out there, but it needs to be COMPELLING
- [03:40] – Gavin sees Facebook as the best distribution platform that we currently have
- [03:51] – With video and Facebook, we can reach and target more specific people
- [05:55] – When you target people on Facebook, create your goals first
- [06:24] – One of your business’ goals can be lead generation
- [06:32] – With Facebook, you want to use a tool to amplify what is already working
- [07:00] – Gavin shares a sample: a marketing model for a chiropractor
- [07:26] – Sales models are important for Facebook marketing
- [08:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Gavin was working 24/7 on his failing business and was a call center agent on the weekends
- [10:35] – The entrepreneurial path is NOT for the fainthearted
- [11:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gavin realized that business or marketing isn’t just about the tactics you use, as these will always change; however, one thing that won’t change is human psychology
- [14:10] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Gavin will launch a Facebook training course soon and this is his first product that he’ll sell
- 15:00 – Gavin has created something special for Fire Nation at MrGavinBell.com/fire
- [17:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The key to the world is knowing what someone wants and giving it to them”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “The fact that I’m ridiculously competitive”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – vidIQ
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How to Win Friends and Influence People has completely changed how Gavin communicates with people
- [20:45] – Don’t get caught up in learning the technical tactics of a platform; instead, learn how the brain works
- [21:06] – Start posting video content directly on Facebook; the average watch time is 6 seconds
- 21:37 – Learn more about Gavin on his website and access his special program for Fire Nation here!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!