Grant Cardone is a mega successful International sales expert, real estate investor, creator of two online sales training universities and his own digital network, GrantCardoneTV.com. He is a NY Times bestselling author of six business books and just released his latest title, Be Obsessed or Be Average.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible– Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Be Obsessed or Be Average – Grant’s Book
- Grant’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Obsession is something people see as negative… but it is positive and empowering.
- Obsession is not a problem if channeled properly.
- Leave your comfort zone and do action.
- M1 Finance: If you’re looking for an online broker who will let you customize and automate your investments, visit m1finance.com/fire and get 6 months of service for free!
- Billy Gene is Marketing: If you’re a marketer focused on helping local businesses, then check out this free training from my friend Billy Gene, where he’s going to show you the best performing Facebook and Instagram ads that get results!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:02] – Grant is a husband and father of two kids
- [01:34] – He just toured 5 cities in 3 days
- [01:52] – Grant was on EOFire Episode #441
- [03:05] – Be Obsessed or Be Average
- [03:10] – Grant was addicted to ideas as a kid
- [03:36] – Everything that is extraordinary today is made bad
- [03:56] – Grant was labeled as everything from an attention seeker to bipolar
- [04:15] – People are trying to put a sleep on the things Grant wanted to do
- [05:25] – Obsession is something everybody has
- [05:40] – It’s not a problem, it’s a gift
- [06:05] – How to know whether you’re obsessed
- [08:24] – You can change your money condition in 5 seconds
- [08:37] – People don’t want to talk about money
- [10:33] – Don’t call yourself an entrepreneur if you’re not making money
- [11:33] – Comfort zone and doubt
- [11:43] – Grant is very uncomfortable when he’s comfortable
- [12:01] – When things are not happening, Grant is uncomfortable
- [12:37] – Action does not happen on your couch
- [13:32] – Grant moved from LA to Miami
- [14:00] – Adventure comes with fear and doubt
- [14:16] – Grant talks about his presentation for Thrive with Jack Canfield
- [15:06] – Grant left his comfort zone to meet Jack
- [15:36] – Unselfish people think about their outside
- [16:14] – JLD shares Theodore Roosevelt’s quote: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena…”
- [17:16] – Everything grows when you give it energy
- [17:33] – Candles burn out, spiritual beings don’t
- [17:46] – Be Obsessed or Be Average’s audio book is 11.3 hours long
- [19:34] – Grant’s exercise for entrepreneurs wanting to assess their current situation
- [20:38] – Everyone has an obsession that we just label as bad
- [20:55] – Give yourself permission to be obsessed
- [21:46] – Most people around you will not support you
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!