Matt is a highly acclaimed keynote speaker and performance strategist. He is one of the most widely-read columnists for Entrepreneur.com. His work has been featured on ESPN, Forbes, Huffington Post, ABC, NBC, Fox Business, Fox News, Business Insider and MSN Lifestyle. As the CEO of Matt Mayberry Enterprises, he helps individuals and organizations all over the world to maximize their potential to achieve breakthrough performance.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Matt shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:11] – Matt is a former NFL linebacker who had an injury in 2010
- 01:21 – His latest book, Winning Plays, just came out last September
- [01:37] – Matt loves watching movies
- [02:39] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Take full and complete responsibility of your life— you are in the driver’s seat
- [05:00] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When I started to book 80 live events per year and I wasn’t preparing anymore. I thought I had “arrived” and it ruined my business
- [08:21] – Prepare like a champion if you want to take your business to the next level
- [09:26] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When I got hurt playing my very first game. Two and a half weeks later I was speaking at an event and I realized this was my purpose and passion
- [10:49] – Don’t just follow your passion, live your passion
- [12:05] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Being alive
- [12:49] – What is one of your weaknesses as an entrepreneur? Not being able to ‘switch it off’ at times
- [13:50] – What’s one of your greatest strengths? The ability to dream big and not have anyone outwork me
- [14:37] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Lack of experience and knowledge
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Someone may have more resources than you, but don’t let anyone outwork you
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – My morning routine
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation –Wunderlist
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Rhythm of Life – it’s the book that helped me launch into my career now
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Write a book that I want to get out to the world
- 17:56 – Connect with Matt on his website, Twitter and Instagram
- [18:17] – Live in the ‘now’
3 Key Points:
- Start preparing like a champion.
- Learn to live your passion.
- Live and focus in the present.
- Wunderlist – Matt’s small business resource
- The Rhythm of Life – Matt’s Top Business Book
- Winning Plays – Matt’s book
- Audible– Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Matt’s website
- Follow Matt on Twitter and Instagram
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Skills on Fire – Allow JLD to set your skills on FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!