For 15 years Greg Smith has been building and scaling online businesses. Today as co-founder and CEO of the software company Thinkific – the software we use for Podcasters’ Paradise, 3 Hours to Your BIG Idea, and Real Revenue! – he’s helping thousands of entrepreneurs create their own courses and membership sites to grow their business and transform the lives of millions of students.
Subscribe to EOFire
Join us this Wednesday, May 30th at 6pm Eastern for a FREE Masterclass with Greg!
A 4 Step Process to 10x Your Revenue
To sign up visit: EOFire.com/Greg
During our LIVE Masterclass on Wednesday, May 30th at 6pm Eastern you’ll learn how to:
- Identify your biggest opportunity
- Maximize your biggest opportunity
- Diversify with other opportunities
- Tie it all together
Plus, we’ll be sharing how Kate and I used this exact process to 10X our revenue and scale Entrepreneurs On Fire!
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Top 3 Value Bombs:
- Be sure to claim your spot on our LIVE Masterclass, A 4 Step Process to 10x Your Revenue, going down Wednesday, May 30th at 6pm Eastern! EOFire.com/greg
- If your customer is sharing with you the things they think they need, it’s YOUR responsibility to dive DEEPER when creating the solution. What’s the underlying problem (the symptom?) they’re revealing to you?
- Where education is the first piece of the funnel, Greg sees a consistent 300% INCREASE in revenue for the next ‘step’ people are offering!
Audio Masterclass Show Notes
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [01:25]: Be sure to join us on our live Masterclass, A 4 Step Process to 10x Your Revenue, coming up Wed, May 30 at 6pm Eastern!
- [2:45]: JLD introduces Greg
- [3:15]: What don’t most people know about you, Greg?… tune in :)
- [4:20]: How teaching your customers can scale any business model
- [4:35]: How can customers hurt you?
- If you listen to them TOO much – everyone has great ideas about what you should do… tune in to hear why this is a dangerous game!
- [5:50]: How can customers help you?
- If they are identifying the things they think they need, you can dive deeper to create the solutions – what’s the underlying problem (the symptom?)
- Where is the symptom coming from?
- Where does your customer want to get to?
- JLD talks about the number 1 question to ask…
- [7:30]: How can we apply these lessons to achieve faster growth?
- Don’t just go build it – do your due diligence
- Ask yourself, is this something I can help with?
- Greg gives an example of The Freedom Journal and The Mastery Journal
- [9:50]: Listen to the words your audience, your customers, your avatar are using
- Use that vocabulary!
- [10:50]: Greg talks about where your customers are now and how YOU can help them get to where they want to go
- [13:30]: So many different business models! Which business models are best to focus on? JLD and Greg go back and forth about this… Because Greg founded Thinkific, an online course platform software, I’m sure you can guess what his answer is :)
- Online learning / courses
- [15:30]: Greg talks about the massive opportunity available to anyone who’s ready to dive in and start teaching
- [16:00]: Greg’s favorite business model is online courses and he talks about the reasons WHY
- [17:00]: Choose ONE business model to start!
- [18:00]: Be sure to join us on our live Masterclass, A 4 Step Process to 10x Your Revenue, coming up Wed, May 30 at 6pm Eastern!
- [21:20]: What’s working BEST when you look at the data on courses and memberships?
- Data science – Greg’s team has done a ton of research and has run the numbers! They show 65% are set up as a 1-time fee to join course
- But… subscriptions and membership are on the rise
- [24:00]: RESULTS: let’s get to it… JLD asks Greg what he sees come up over and over?
- Where education is the first piece of the funnel, Greg sees a consistent 300% INCREASE in revenue for the next ‘step’ people are offering
- [25:00]: JLD and Greg talk about Later as an example
- [26:40]: JLD uses his brand new FREE course as an example
- YourBigIdea.io – 3 Hours to Your BIG Idea
- [27:45]: JLD and Greg talk about pricing – what are the most successful price points?
- Greg talks about people pricing TOO LOW!
- If you were going to rent a room, get coffee and snacks, and bring people in to teach them something, what would you charge them? This is a good question to ask yourself when thinking about pricing…
- [29:30]: Greg dives into the details of pricing – tune in to hear what he has to say about the $200 – $400 price range for a course
- [31:00]: JLD and Greg talk about Gamification to increase revenue
- What is gamification? Greg defines it and breaks it down – it’s not what you might think! (this isn’t a game…)
- [34:00] Parting piece of guidance from Greg: Why is teaching the most effective method of learning? Tune in to hear what Greg has to say!
Be sure to join us on our live Masterclass this Wed, May 30th at 6pm with Greg Smith, Founder of Thinkific, as we walk through A 4 Step Process to 10x Your Revenue! EOFire.com/greg
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!