Halelly is a leadership development strategist at TalentGrow. She develops leaders for enterprises experiencing explosive growth. She is an author, blogger, and host of the TalentGrow Show podcast.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Zoom – Halelly’s small business resource
The Start-up of You – Halelly’s Top Business Book
Gift for Fire Nation – Get Halelly’s special guide 10 Ways to Become a More Engaging Communicator
TalentGrow – Halellys’s website
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Believe that you can make something work, even if it feels like you can’t.
2) Learn to leverage the connections you have.
3) Be willing to share what you know with others and be willing to help them, even in small ways.
I Love Franchising: If you’re tired of Corporate America and want to step into owning your own business, then the time to make a move is NOW. …And why not make that move into franchising? Erik of I Love Franchising has personally helped over 1,000 people transition out of Corporate American and into Franchise Ownership, and you can take your first step towards doing the same today. Visit ILoveFranchising.com/fire to download Erik’s free eBook, The Franchising Playbook, today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:55] – Halelly develops leaders that people actually want to follow
[01:02] – She helps companies create a leadership development strategy
[01:23] – She lives in Los Angeles
[01:47] – Her area of expertise is in helping authentic communicators connect with people
[02:24] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Confident benevolence is connecting to how you convey confidence and your ability to care about others
[04:11] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Halelly started her business in 2006. Her business was smooth sailing – until 2008 came and the business shriveled up and almost ended. Halelly had to find creative ways to stay afloat and new ways to make money. She got to a point where she was asking herself if she needed to get a job
[05:27] – “You can always make it work”
[06:29] – Believe in yourself, work hard and do what it takes to survive
[06:59] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Before Halelly started her own business, she really had no clue on how she’d do it. At that time, she was an excelling high-achiever in her job. She went out to meet a friend and asked how she started her own business. Her friend told her that it was connections that gave her a jumpstart. Halelly realized she never even thought of leveraging relationships
[09:25] – Mentors will be an important part of your entrepreneurial journey
[10:39] – Make sure you’re helping/mentoring others, too
[11:26] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “For two and a half to three years, I’ve been podcasting twice a month. And this year, I’m doubling that”
[14:51] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was scared of failure”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “What’s the worst that can happen?”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I do notice, celebrate, and share beauty and excellence”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zoom
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Start-up of You – “I love the perspective this book conveys”
[17:33] – Put on your “Fascination Detective Hat” – change your attitude towards curiosity
[17:51] – Be more curious and ask questions
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!